SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 08:35:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy machine  (Read 22433 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 07:26:06 pm »

Put the parts in. Only problem is the lid on the machine with the new globe is too snug. I need to work on it a little but to make the edges a little thinner. Got it close now just need to file just a little more down.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »

Got the lid fitting now. I also have the 25 cent stickers on both machines.  They look pretty good. I'm thinking of having my dad help me build a stand out of wood. Going to turn something on the lathe and make a nice wooden stand. I made a table out of oak in high school so it should be pretty much the same kind of thing. I'm thinking it would be cool to make a coke bottle in the middle of the stand. Not that hard of a shape and it would look pretty neat I think.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 03:18:49 pm »

Well done...

Nice to see a project through to the finish... I get a lot of satisfaction out of candy machines too...

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 03:29:35 pm »

Well done...

Nice to see a project through to the finish... I get a lot of satisfaction out of candy machines too...

It is pretty good to see the machine and know you made it look better. I think the stand will look pretty neat once I get it built. I almost forgot but I checked to see if the guy had anything else and it sounds like he had been selling this stuff off for a while now and only has a few more of the candy machines like mine left.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 02:45:26 pm »

I got it filled up today and sitting on my desk. Well it is as full as I could afford to fill it. But I honestly don't see my self eating 12-14 pounds of m&ms so having it only 1/3 full is fine with me. Also in the picture you can see the new 25 cent decal I put in the globe. The one with the new globe is at home and looks almost identical except I put the 25 cent sticker higher up than this machine. Not that big of a deal but it does kind of bother me (kind of like the upside down pepsi logo that was on my machine  biggrin )

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2010, 03:22:56 pm »

Looks great!! I found with MM's not to fill it much at all. They go stale and get broken around the dispense gears. Had to dump it out and clean every once and awhile.
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: