SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 03:34:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is approx year/worth of this 7UP Vendo ?  (Read 3836 times)
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« on: January 23, 2011, 11:02:21 pm »

Totally new to this forum and machines. Bought my 1st ever machine today. I will post numbers as soon as it warms up a bit and able to get these old bones out in the cold garage. Everything works on it, change, vend, light, compressor, etc. As far as I know it's complete even with empty side rack. What is approx year/value?

Thanks Morgan

It wasn't me, it was the one armed man
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:14 am »

Welcome to the board!!
Looks like a Vendo 56 bottle machine. 1963 to 1968 or so. Value hard to say. If cools,vends no rust or dents $150-$250. Cool thing about these is you can make any brand you want.
Here ya on the oldbones :-)
Creighton
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 05:40:39 am »

It has no dents, it does cool (smooth and quiet), vends, and only rust is just a tiny bit of surface at the very bottom edge, can't even see it unless you are loading it to be transported. Speaking of transporting is there do's and dont's? Sorry for the elementary question but I am totally new to machines. To fit this machine into my SUV had to lay it down on its back. It rattled and complained for 120 miles til we got it home. I did not plug it in when we got it back last night. Just crossing my fingers that everything still works.

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:03 am »

Nice machine.. Haven't seen that sign on that machine before.. Like Creighton said, these machines are easy to customize and do what you like.. He hit the nail on the head with the price. As far as transporting, good job not plugging in when you got it home. General rule is for however many hours its on its back, it should be standing up before plugging in. 24hrs is safe enough...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08:21 am »

Good to know I didn't overpay. Couple had it on Stl Craigslist for $250, offered them $200 and they took it. Had a bit of a haul from Jerseyville, IL to Pilot Knob, MO but it was worth it. Beautiful country and very nice people. Always feels right when you deal with good people like them as opposed to the occasional crook. If you are reading Buddy and Shelby, thank you.

autobon7
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:52 pm »

OK, I pulled the following #'s from the tag. Sales mod--VFA56F-C
                                                             MFRS No.---01C7030ZC
                                                             SER No.----9SF083123
Help me understand what these #'s mean, what year etc. Thanks in advance to all that respond, is truly appreciated.

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:11:45 pm »

I could be wrong, but don't think a decode chart is available for square top V-56's. The "Get Real Action" didn't last much past 1965 best I can tell.
The lighted panel is early/mid. 70's.
The main door has been covered with something non-standard. Does it appear to be contact paper? If so a heat gun should remove it without hurting whatever is underneath.
Hard to nail down solid facts on this era of machines.
Hope of some help...
Creighton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: