SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 07:55:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 stopped cooling  (Read 3757 times)
« on: April 27, 2004, 08:32:28 pm »

Hi, for the past 3 days the machine has worked wonderfully and cooled to around 30 degrees, but today I got home and it wasn't cold at all...Maybe 80 degrees...I apologize for my inexperience, but the condensor (big round thing in the bottom?) is hot to the touch, but the fan next to it is running fine...The compressor (thing w/ coils at the top?) is also warmish....What would be the problem here? I appreciate ya'lls advice..

Thanks,
Tommy
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:19:02 pm »

Tommy,

Did you have any ice, on the evaporator coil, in the cooling compartment? When you first started the machine up, did it start cooling right away, reach temperature, and shut off?
30 degrees is too cold for the box and I'm just wondering if the thermostat ever cycled the compressor off. The upper evaporator fan motor is supposed to run all the time while the lower fan motor and compressor will cycle via the thermostat.
Unplug the machine and let it cool down, several hours. Turn the thermostat to the off position. Plug the machine back in.
The upper fan motor should be running and the lower fan and compressor should be off. Now, click the thermostat just enough for the fan and compressor to come on. If the compressor starts to "click" and won't come on, it could be damaged. If the compressor and fan come on and begin to cool, stay with the machine and make sure it cycles off once temperature has been reached, 38-42 degrees give or take a few. If it won't cycle off, you have a bad thermostat.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 05:41:09 pm »

Eric, the compressor would make a clicking sound like it was trying to kick on, but it wouldn't. The I messed around with the junction box on the compressor and it started working again. My initial temp reading of 30 degrees was wrong, as I just discovered the thermometer I was using read 30 degrees, even when it wasn't cooling. The compressor does cycle on and off. Does that sound like the compressor might be on its way out? Or maybe just some electrical problem...Right now its working like a charm. Thanks for your reply..

Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: