SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:02:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La Crosse LCV 170-5B Compressor Identification  (Read 4124 times)
91tbirdsc1
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:47:24 am »

I know this is a long shot, but can anyone identify the compressor type/model by looking at it in the pictures below?  It is R12 based and no longer works.  I was told that it had a bad start winding however, if it is a Tecumseh, the diagram on the first topic on this page does not agree with what I was told, (and I would tend to believe what is on here far more than what the AC service tech told me).  Following the diagram given here, the pin that was damaged on my compressor (plug blew off side of compressor when first plugged in) appears to be the run winding.  One ohm resistance between common and run pin and 2.6 ohms between start and common.  I want to replace this compressor as this machine is otherwise in excellent condition, other than being very dirty from sitting.  i cannot read the Information plate as it is blocked by the evaporator fan, and I am not yet brave enough to attempt pulling the compressor deck.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:50:11 am by 91tbirdsc1 » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:08:15 am »

sorry, can't tell from the photos ( out of focus) , but regardless if it's  Tecumseh, Copland, or Blisfield compressor, with the one pin (lower-left) is melted off of the terminal connector, it's trash anyway, you may as well get to the chase & pull the deck & then you'll have a clear shot at I.D.ing the unit.

If you are worried about trying to reconnect the wires, most new compressors come pre-wired with a new start-run relay already installed & you just have to connect the pigtail/power connection to the thermostat line/plug of the machines harness. I dont now where you are located, but I do have a very nice used LaCrosse Compressor/deck/unit (complete system) out of a LCC-100 that should swap right into place of your  DOA unit. what does your evaporator/topend look like?

Oh & if you think you're going to get away without posting a picture of your machine, think again!  tounge   we luv pictures of soda machines here! please post one!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
91tbirdsc1
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:35:05 pm »

Thanks for the reply JohnieG.  I have included a picture of both the front of the machine as well as the upper evaporator.  Please let me know if it looks close to what you have.  I was able to get MADE IN ITALY and the first few numbers off the compressor, E618(and either an A or an N).  I doubt this helps, but it is something.  By the way, do you think that there is any possibility of being able to get a new compressor /cooling system somewhere for this machine without having to pay five hundred plus dollars?  I want to get this thing fixed, but I am simply not that wealthy right now, (College comes first).  As for the history behind this machine, I acquired it for free from a salon which was being torn down last year.  What had happened was that apparently during the early 1980’s the salon was remodeled and the machine, for some strange reason, had a wall built in front of it entombing it in an inaccessible cavity.  Even more bizarre was that it had been left plugged in for the whole 20+ years it sat there.  Hence the reason the compressor likely died.  All other parts of the machine work perfectly and are in almost new condition.  Even the two fans still work, (although they should most likely be replaced as they must have run the entire time it was there).  I was even able to get an original key as it was still taped to the back of the machine.  The machine looked beautiful when I first cleaned it up however, since my grandmother left the heat off and the door open to her shop all winter, it is now filthy again.  I will soon be cleaning it again and hopefully it will stay that way next time.  I feel bad for allowing it to get into such a filthy state  (The burst can was not a welcome site either this spring).  I know this La Crosse most likely is not worth much however, due to its overall good condition, and the fact that older soda machines are very difficult to come by here in Idaho, I would like to get it fixed.  Also, bottled sodas can sometimes be difficult to come by and they are more expensive than cans, so this is one reason I prefer machines which dispense cans.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:38:15 pm by 91tbirdsc1 » Logged
91tbirdsc1
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:53:50 pm »

Ok,
I pulled the compressor deck and looked all over the compressor for a brand name.  I was unable to find one, but I did get what I believe is the model number.  It is E6187B-217ZG20.  Other than that it has MADE IN ITALY stamped on it as well as a serial number, and the usual voltage, frequency, and thermal protection information.  From what little I could find on the internet it appears to be a 1/3 HP compressor however, I still cannot find anything on what brand it is (possibly Tecumseh Europe).  If anyone can tell me more about this compressor from the above information, please let me know.  Also, JohnieG, if you still have the spare deck you said you had in your earlier post, please let me know if you think it will possibly fit as I might be interested in it if a new compressor/cooling system is way out of my price range.
Thanks,
Patrick
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 12:51:52 pm »

Patrick,

I still have the deck out of a LaCrosse model LLC90 Bottle vendor, & it works fine, but I'll have to check to see if the copper lines will align with your chassis' opening that passes the lines up from the lower to the upper deck on the left-hand side

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: