SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 04:40:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold problem  (Read 7935 times)
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:58:33 pm »

do you think a HVAC or air conditioner repairman can charge my system?  rockola ccc5, cold at the bottom but just does not get to the top.  thanx
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:50:27 pm »

Are you sure the upper fan is circulating the air through the cabinet???

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:12 pm »

i really don't know anything about them as i just got it the other day.  the bottom copper pipes are cold and have frost on them.  where would i look to find this out?  thanx for the response.  anything you can tell me will be of great assistance.  Mark
kahonwes
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:58:48 pm »

I think he is telling you to check if the fan is spinning in your machine...  Hence if its not then you wont get cold air coming into the machine.....

k - laters
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 11:33:56 pm »

Quote (kahonwes @ Aug. 09 2006,11:58)
I think he is telling you to check if the fan is spinning in your machine...  

Yes.  There is a fan inside (where the cans are) that is on all the time.  There is also a fan by the compressor that turns on only when the compressor kicks on.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 08:56:22 am »

i'll have to check it tonite but from what i have looked at, how do you access the rear of the machine, i mean behind the can holders?  it doesn't just swing out like the doors, man i wish there was a site with basic illustrations.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 10:19:21 am »

Oh, you are the one with the Rock-Ola.  I'm not sure if anyone here has a Rock-Ola machine (some of us have Rock-Ola jukeboxes though ':p' ).  What is behind the can holders that you are trying to get to?  I know on my Westinghouse push button machine you have to take the whole vending rack out, but there is also not anything behind it.  
Have you tried the sponsors here for a manual?  I know that Victory Glass bought out all of Rock-Ola's jukebox parts a few years ago.  Maybe call them too to see if they may have a manual.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 08:18:18 pm »

Quote (Roadkill45 @ Aug. 10 2006,9:56)
i'll have to check it tonite but from what i have looked at, how do you access the rear of the machine, i mean behind the can holders?  it doesn't just swing out like the doors, man i wish there was a site with basic illustrations.

How do you access the rear of the machine ? with great difficulty my friend..

I don't know about all machines, but to access the fan/coils on my squaretop you have to first remove the can chute (metal tray that cans drop onto and out of the machine), which then gives you access to remove the vend solenoids.

With the vend soloids removed you can unscrew and remove the can rack, which pulls straight out but is rather heavy (and a pain in the neck to get back in again !).

Once you remove the can rack you have to unscrew a couple of metal guards that hide the coils and fan.

Finally with the guards removed you have access to the fan.  If you unbolt the compressor plate at the bottom of your machine (usually 4 large bolts) then the whole assembly top and bottom will slide right out for you to get a closer look at everything (though you'll probably want a hand with this part as it's not exactly light !).
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 08:23:29 pm »

These two pics show the complete vending assembly on mine, and also what you see with the whole assembly removed.

You can't actually see the fan because it's hidden behind the coils.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »

These two show the empty shell and the cooling system itself after removal from the machine.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: