SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:11:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noisy unit  (Read 3060 times)
« on: September 21, 2005, 07:43:01 am »

I recently purchased a Vendo 6-case that works very well and keeps the drinks nice and cold.  However, when it cycles, it's very loud.  I've put a carpet pad under the legs (it was on a wood floor), made sure it's level, tightened all the bolts, etc, but my wife is still threatening to throw it, or me, out.  The noise now is just a very loud humming.  Is there anything that can be done to make it quieter short of replacing the entire refrigeration unit with a modern one?  I'd hate to do that since the machine is all original and, frankly, don't even know if that's possible.  I'd hate to stick this machine out in the garage, it's much too pretty for that.  I'd appreciate any advice.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:32:10 am »

Ken,

Can you post a photo of the condensor compartment(bottom area)?
Some units ride on springs and/or rubber insulators whereas others are just bolted down.
Is the lower fan rotaing properly? Blade slightly loose...?

My six cents,

Jim

Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:58:48 pm »

Hello

If the noise is the fan motors running you could try installing new fan motors.

If the noise is the compressor itself you are S O L &  just wasting time trying to add pads etc.

You could send it to my house & the noise will be a welcome addition.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:37:59 am »

The fans are fine.  It's primarily the compressor that's loud...so it's something I'll probably just have to live with.  There is still some annoying vibration between the bottom chrome trim piece and the bottom of the door.  Maybe I'll try to lay a thin piece of rubber on top of the trim piece.  Or...and I'll have to take another look at it...it may be possible to adjust it so that the two pieces aren't making contact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: