SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:06:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 128 wont cool  (Read 4060 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: November 17, 2004, 05:41:46 pm »

I just got a nice rust free Vendo 128. Only problem is that it doesn't cool. It vends great and the compressor runs. It tries to cool but doesn't get cold enough. The lines get colder but not really cold. the air it blows is slightly cold. There isn't a spot of visable rust anywhere on the cooling system anywhere and no visable cracks in the lines. What do you all think?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 05:43:32 pm »

inside
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 06:58:10 pm »

Time to slap on a clamp-on valve (low-side) & do a pressure check, (yea, I know they're prone to leaking , but what do you have to lose?) & have you checked the Evap-fan? is it blowing air over the coil?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 07:28:08 pm »

All of the fans work fine. I do not have a set of guages to check it with. Do I have to get a tech to do it. Also I have a few cans of freeze 12. Would that work if it is low on r12?
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 09:57:24 pm »

Hello

I would pull the whole cooling unit ( evaporator & condensor), clean all the trash & gunk out, install two new fan motors & a new T-stat. The best way to clean is to spray the coils with a lot of cleaner to wet the dirt/lint & then spray it with your garden hose. Yes this is best done with the motors removed. If the areas of the evaporator coil (the upper coil) start to freeze I would think you are not getting proper airflow across the coils to transfer the heat. Plus make sure your condsation drain line is clear. Your machine shows alot of rust in the upper compartment & that is an indication that it is holding water.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 10:28:42 pm »

JohnieG, who sells the clamp on valves?  And, besides knowing you may risk having a leak later on are they ever worth considering to use for a re-charge on a cooling system which does not have a service valve and leaving in place afterwords.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: