SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 03:42:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have r12, can i charge my system?  (Read 3067 times)
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:36:55 pm »

Do the cooling systems in the 60's-70's machines usually have a valve in one the low side lines so you can charge your system?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:44:09 am »

Depends on the manufacture, & if the unit had been serviced before, in which case, it would have had on added. look along the low side ( usually the large copper line coming for the evaporator inside the machines bottle/can area) & follow it back to the compressor. if it does have one, you'll see it.

Lacrosse was one of the manufactures of vending machines that actually did have service valves right on their compressors, however I've noticed that the sealed compressors , such as ones that came with Vendo's & Cavaliers didn't. you got me curious & when I looked around my barn & found that the following machines of mine did have a service valve(s) right on the head of the compressor(s)

LaCrosse LVC100 60's RC-Cola bottle/shelf vendor
GE Chest cooler, (40's double-dot) wet type

however the Westinghouse WD12 (50's), WC102MD (60's), Vendo 2-V63/1-V90 (60's) squarecorners with sealed compressors & my Ideal 55B's don't (I've added a few myself when replacing compressors)

I recently sold a late model (bubble front) Vendo can vendor & it did not.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: