SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 06:45:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooling problems  (Read 3190 times)
« on: June 04, 2004, 04:07:26 pm »

I just got a Ideal Bottle Machine. The lower fan was making alot of noise so I replaced it.  Now it's frosting on the lower end of evaporator (see picture).  How do I troubleshoot?  Thanks for any help you can be.  John
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 07:50:20 am »

John,

Your fingers were in the way, is the "tiny" capulary tube frosting at any point or is it just on the coil only? If it's the coil only, how long are you leaving the door open and watching the frost build? What I have to tell some of my customers, simply start the machine, close the door, walk away, and return in an hour or two to check the temperature.
If you leave the machine running with all the doors open, it can't circulate the air inside and bring the temperature down.
Frost will begin to form on the coil.

If the cap tube has frost forming, prior to the connection of the coil, the unit is more than likely "under charged" and needs a bump of freon. Hot shot, Freeze 12, R414, R408, etc. will be fine for this.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: