SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:49:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quikold Junior  (Read 4498 times)
sunnycal33
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:29:07 am »

Hello Guys,
I'm a newbie at this site. :help help: Yes that is what I need. I'm a soda machine collector like many of you out there.Well the story goes I drove 1300 miles one way to buy a very rare Dr. pepper Junior. Had to go to the very middle of Texas to get it. I know,Crazy!  I don't have pics yet of it. Sorry!  I do need someone who owns a quikold junior that can help me .I'm good at duplicating original parts and this machine has parts missing. So pictures or dimensions could really help me out. Plus it's a chance to meet cool people out there that have same interests like mine. hopefull Well like they say in Texas, "Ya'll come back now,Ya hear". .....sunnycal33
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »

Love them.... had some parts made myself... the gasket you will need Fun-Tronics now carries.
Let me know whats' missing. And congrats on a nice rare cooler...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sunnycal33
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

Thanks for writing Eric,
This machine has been jerry-rigged I'm sure.Well to start off, the base of the junior doesn't seem right.Doesn't all Quikold Juniors come standard with casters.
That is what I've came across in literature. This junior has no casters and there is no holes or plates or anything that a caster can secure too. There is just the frame on the bottom. And  I am not sure if this frame has been replaced at some time.   Also we know that most machines are notorious for having their cap catchers missing. This one is no different. Now I have a cap catcher for a Westinghouse Junior but it doesn't work.I would like the dimensions for an original Quikold Junior cap catcher or for one that works on the machine. Do you think I'm done....No way! There is still more problems with it. It's missing the original lid and handle.
 The lid on it ,when I bought the Junior,was definitely not the correct one. Also the tub has been replaced and another tub was jerry-rigged in place of it. The drain tube was gone and I'm not sure how it is connected after it peeks out from underneath the tub.So I need dimensions and pictures if possible, to do this project right.  Also it has stainless steel trim that goes around the top for the lid to lay down against.Well if you would like to contact me directly with photographs of your junior, my address is sunnycal33@yahoo.com .This cooler is worth it though. It was actually on ebay about a month ago. That is how I came acrossed it. But it's not easy driving 1300 miles from California to Texas to pick this Quikold up. Anyone else is welcome to help me. I'll be checking in regularly for any emails....Thanks ..John hopefull
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 04:46:53 pm »

Please post photos!

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »

I sure hope this wasn't a Quickold Master cut down to the junior size.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 05:59:01 pm »

That was my thought as well Glen... wow 1300 for a cooler... but I've done crazy things in the past too..

Hope it turns out for you, and welcome to the site.. cant' wait to see photos... and if anyone can help you out on this board it will be Eric.. he is the resident quikold expert...

Please post photos!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sunnycal33
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 07:03:37 pm »

Thanks for the replies fellows,
No this machine wasn't cut down like you think it may have.And I will try to get photos posted on this site so you can all drooll. Ha Ha
I realize a photo is like a thousand words.Any other Quikold owners out there please reply. sunnycal33@yahoo.com
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »

I've had bases made, cap catchers, lid supports... Here is my Nichol Kola junior before and after
and a couple in the works...

Eric

WANTED:
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »

I think I know that cooler... It's been on before and there's a thread on it somewhere...
When you are facing the front of a cooler there should be 2 cap catcher support studs/bolts to the
right side towards the front of the cooler... drain will also be on the right side towards the front inside the liner.

All juniors and standards I've seen have the lids like a Coke Westinghouse... juniors have a support bar
the lid hinges to... some hinge from the top like my Nichol Kola and one 7up... others hinge from the back edge
into another type support arm to where the hinges don't show like another 7up I have... Never seen a junior
use a Quikold slider lid like that one....  What's nice about a Quikold is that they are all bolted together... there
aren't any welds... once you tear into it you'll be able to see if it's the real deal or not... either way you put the right base on it and lid you'll have a nice looking cooler....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:36:41 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: