SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 01:18:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a coin mech  (Read 8410 times)
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:54:01 pm »

I have a Vendo 23 that is missing the entire coin mech, from the knob on the exterior to the rest of it on the inside.

I'd like to get started on the restoration/repaint but I'm hesitant to do it until I have the parts.

Anybody have extras for sale?

Thanks!
Greg
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:30:39 am »

Welcome to the board Greg! Can't help but will be on the look out.
Creighton
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 11:43:19 am »

Greg,

I may have an extra one.  I may be parting out a 23 soon.  I'll take a look at the shape it's in.  Welcome to the site.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 11:56:08 am »

Wayne,
If you part it out, I need a shoulder bolt from the case rack.
LMK

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 07:35:24 pm »

Hey y'all!

Thanks for the welcome. If you have the part, let me know. I usually can check the forum on weekends.
90grad
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 04:51:06 pm »

All,

I've decided to part out some stuff from a Vendo 23.  GMiller (above poster) has 1st dibs on the coin mech.  Here's an "off the top of my head" list of the stuff I have.  I will take a detailed inventory and post it and pictures soon.  I have no idea on prices yet.

1. Coin mechanism - It works fine.  The sold out flag (without decal) and spring are included.  Not included is a slug rejector.  I also have the coin return shaft, but I think it will need a snap ring to make it work.  I have the star handle, but the chrome is pitted.  Again, GMiller has asked for this, but if he doesn't want it, it's up for grabs.

2. Complete bottle basket - This is the honeycomb basket that holds the 23 bottles.  It's it great shape, and you can't buy these.

3. Liner - The bottle basket sits in this.  There is some surface rust on the exterior (about 5%).

4. Evaporator coil - This is the complete evaporator, drier and capillary tube assembly.  All that would be required is to mate it to a lower end compressor assembly.  The compressor on the machine this came from was shot and the condensor was missing.  So, I cut the line at the compressor, being careful to save everything else.  I spoke with Eric at Global Compressors and he said if I had all this, only the lower end was required.

5. Coin bezel plate - This is in pretty good shape.

6. Sold out window - I will look at this to see how clear it is.

7. Drain tube - This goes from the bottle basket to the condensation box.

8. Trim for bottle opener and coin return - These are in pretty good shape.

9. Service manual - This is a new one I purchased from the net.  I can make you a good copy or send a .pdf file.

The body panels for this machine are not in the best of shape at all.  There is significant rust.  If you need something specific, let me know and I will see if I have it and if it's in reasonable shape. Tom (collecture), I recall you asking for a shoulder bolt from the case rack.  I am not sure if I have one of these or not.  I will have to look.

Hopefully, I won't have 2nd thoughts and change my mind.  But, the machine would take too much $$ to make work.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »

Wayne,
I'd be interested in the bottle basket, Doubtful, but do you also have the elusive coin box?

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
90grad
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 06:23:19 pm »

Kilroy,

I don't have the coin box, but I think Home Arcade Corp repops them.  I have you 1st in line for the bottle basket.  I will try to take pictures tomorrow after work and post them either tomorrow night or 1st thing Tuesday morning.  I live in Maryland in case anybody is close and wants to pick up stuff.  Shipping on the heavier items could get pricey.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 06:44:52 pm »

Doubtful, but do you also have the elusive coin box?

Kilroy,
I believe Fun-Tronics carries repros of these. They are the same style box used in the Vendo Coin Changers, but had a cutout to hang on the side wall.

Wayne,
I am not sure which type body style you have. I have a Standard cabinet with a Deluxe top and Deluxe Coin Mech. Apparently, you could order the machine with either a Standard or Deluxe cabinet; a Standard or Deluxe top and a Standard or Deluxe Coin Mech - that accounts for all the varied styles these machines show up with. According to my manual, both strut type case racks (Standard & Deluxe) used the type shoulder bolt I need - six shoulder bolts with lock washers and nuts were used on each style (Part # 30037) - I believe it is a 10-32 thread, but I'll check. What is not defined by my manual is the solid one piece case rack that I have seen on some models. All help is always greatly appreciated. Let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks!!!!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
90grad
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 05:02:08 am »

Tom,

Mine has the solid one-piece case rack.  I'll try to see what I can find.  The body isn't at the house.  It's at the guy's place who was going to do some work on it.  I'll hook up with him and see what's what.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up