SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 12:52:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo of vendo model 63  (Read 7884 times)
« on: September 15, 2002, 08:47:40 pm »

This is the Vendo Model 63 described in the previous post. I had problems getting the JPG to upload.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Andrew
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 09:38:39 pm »

Looks to be in excellent shape!
If it's complete and functions normally, I couldn't complain...  How much did you say you paid for the V-63?
I think it will look great in the basement!

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 06:32:53 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for the comments about the Vendo Model 63. It works great and keeps the drinks very cold. The changer works fine too. All it needs is a lock. Somebody apparently lose the keys and drilled out the lock. The cylinder is missing completely. The machine was given to me by a friend. That is about as good a deal as one can get. I already have it cleaned up inside and out and stocked with Cokes.

Best regards,

Andrew Howard
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 07:25:56 am »

Hey Andrew , Check out Fun Tronics (in the suppliers area at
this sit) Steve has locks there  .

Your 63 Looks real nice and it sound like you got a great deal
to boot.

Pat P. ':cool:'
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 05:02:33 pm »

Hi Andrew

I like your coke machine! And the price (Free) was great. Of the newer, square top, coke machines I like this series the best. In fact I am looking for a model very similar to this. It is a USS-8-64 model Coke machine. It uses either bottle or cans or both! I am hoping to find one in the Washington/Idaho/Oregon area so I can drive to pick it up. Shipping is just to much to add on to the price.

If I can figure out how to attach a photo of what I am looking for I will add it to this message.

Have fun with your new machine.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 06:07:51 pm »

Duane,

Thanks for taking time to comment on my Model 63. I have ordered a lock from Fun-Tronics and that will complete the machine. I have a friend who has a machine like the one you are seeking.

Good luck in finding one.

Andrew
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 10:06:56 am »

I just bought one of these for $75.  It is not near as nice as yours.  Does anyone know how to get the front glass off? I need to change the light bulb.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 10:48:09 am »

Marc,

If my menory serves me, there should be two screws that are located on the outside edge of the cabinet door that hold the marguee in. The side towards the bottle rack has two pins to keep that side stationary.

Once the lens is out, you'll have access to the bulb and the ballast. I forget if there's a starter or not. The ballast and starter could be bad as well, so if changing the bulb doesn't do the trick, it's time to check the other things...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 11:34:21 am »

Jim,

I am not at home to look right now, but the only screws we found were on the inside of the machine.  They appear to be holding the black rubber backing on.  I took three of the screws out and the front glass did not even move.  Do I really need to pry on it? The side next to the bottle door is actually loose.  I broke the glass insert in the bottle door by not knowing what I was doing.  So, I am trying to avoid making the same mistake twice!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2002, 12:15:56 pm »

Yikes! You definately don't want to break things!

I could be wrong here since I'm not the most knowledgeable on later models... But look at the photo below and you'll see the arrows pointing to where the two screws/bolts are that hold in the plastic lens. You have to open the cabinet door and look along the side of the door for them...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2002, 06:17:28 pm »

Jim,

You were right!  Actually, so was I.  I removed those same screws when we got it home, but it would not come off.  I had to pry it off with a screw driver.  Thankfully, I did not break anything this time.  I think the bulb and starter are both burned out.  They look pretty bad.

Thanks again,

Marc
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: