SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 09:52:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7up cooler  (Read 32181 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 03:23:36 pm »

I bet because the lid was pushed down and the top latch didn't work they added the other latch instead of pulling the lid back up.
bremett
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:11 am »

Not a bad price.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 04:51:30 pm »

Getting sick of seeing this cooler sitting in the garage so I am going to do some work on it this weekend. I think the lid is shot. Got most of the dents out by just pulling up on it but the edge is all bent up and falling apart. Think it might just be easier to replace it. I want to pull the liner out to fix the holes in the body of the cooler from those "suitcase latches" that the previous owner put on the sides and to pop some dents out. I know how to remove the liner and I have read about how to put it back in but the thing I am not sure about is how exactly do I re crimp the edge? I have seen people mention a hand crank can opener with the blade removed but I'm having a hard time figuring out how that works. I'm sure I'm just over thinking it
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »

Took the liner out and all I can say is I know why they painted it before taking it to the antique store. That thing is in sad shape. Plan on stripping the rest of the paint off just to see how bad the damage is but it looks nasty. Might have to try my electrolysis method on this since it worked pretty good on a tonka truck that looked worse than this thing.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 08:55:37 pm »

I love a good challenge and am bored enough to try and see what I can do. If I end up getting it cleaned up and see that the thing is just shot I'll just throw it away but I don't think much rust has made it through to the other side so I might be ok

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

Why not just put a coat of POR15 on the inside of it?  I'm doing a Pepsi Progress right now and it was rough on the inside, I coated it all with POR15, covering the larger holes with fiberglass sheets embedded in the POR and it came out great. 

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »

Why not just put a coat of POR15 on the inside of it?  I'm doing a Pepsi Progress right now and it was rough on the inside, I coated it all with POR15, covering the larger holes with fiberglass sheets embedded in the POR and it came out great. 

I might do that. I really need to strip the outside first though just to see exactly how bad it looks. I might put POR15 inside anyway to prevent it from rusting again.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »

I'd suggest a clear empty dirt field & a pint of gasoline & a long fuse, I encourage your dedication!  drinking

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 10:57:35 pm »

I'd suggest a clear empty dirt field & a pint of gasoline & a long fuse, I encourage your dedication!  drinking

Would this work too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRfgNVc5yUM biggrin
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 03:37:20 pm »

Thinking about getting one of those plastic 55 gallon drums and making an electrolysis tank large enough for this cooler in it. It worked for this so I figure it's worth a shot with the cooler

before

after with primer

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:40:14 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: