SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 11:42:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie questions about Westinghouse Select-O-Matic  (Read 27512 times)
Gnost

« on: January 10, 2016, 03:39:44 pm »

I recently acquired a Westinghouse WC-78-MD Select-O-Matic in working condition.  I have two questions.  First, I cannot seem to find how to access the flourescent bulb located behind the "Drink Coca-Cola" glass window near the top of the machine.  Second, how do I change the vending amount from 65 cents to 15 cents.
Any help appreciated.
sodamuseum.com

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:49:45 pm »

I have the service manual for your machine.  PM me if interested and I will email you a copy.

Tom

Lots of machines, someday I will put together a list
Gnost

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:37 pm »

Thanks.  I purchased the service manual and the one I have doesn't address the questions I have (unless I'm missing something which is ENTIRELY  possible.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:18:42 pm »

There are two screws, most likely phillips head, that hold the bottom of the sign in, you can access them by looking under the selection panel with the coin door open.  They are tough to get to but the selection panel pulls forward some to allow access.  Then the sign pull out from the bottom first as there are two pegs in the top.

If you have a Coinco mech, here are the instructions on setting the price: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,1138.0.html

If it's not a Coinco, then either post a photo or model # of the coin mechanism.

Gnost

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 10:28:14 am »

Thanks, tkaz. I'll take a look and give your suggestions a try.
Gnost

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 01:31:07 pm »

Well, life gets in the way of having fun sometimes and this was one of those times.  Finally had a chance to attempt to change the fluorescent bulb in the Coca-Cola window and she's a no-go.  I removed every screw that was within striking distance of the window and it shows no signs of any movement.  I even removed the selection panel hoping that there were some hidden screws.  Hopefully the photos I tried to attach made it in.  Any help appreciated.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 05:01:09 pm »

Do you get any movement at all with it? There could be another screw (s) but it could also be that the foam weather seal has hardened like an adhesive. I wish I had one of these to look at but someone on this board should be able to help.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Gnost

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 06:02:56 pm »

No, that thing is in there TIGHT.  I agree, I must be missing something because, as I said, I have removed every screw/bolt that's in the vicinity of the panel and it ain't movin' at all.  I'm hoping someone will chime in as it's almost Swear up a Storm/Tool Throwing Time!
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:08 pm »

It looks like the machine was painted with the sign in place, there is red paint all over the seals.  Try slicing a razor blade along the vertical seals to see if you can loosen it up, I remember the sign in mine being very tight in the casing.

cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:34 pm »

get a service manual . step by step

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96