SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 04:53:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V165A  (Read 6409 times)
meurek

« on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

Hi to all of you.  I just got a Vendo 165A can machine with 5 slots for cans.  What I need to do is get inside the front of the machine to replace a light bulb, and the vending selection buttons with other possibilities instead of the hand written ones there now.  Inside the molding are flat winglike things that plug into the holes.  I need to get these out to get to the inside of the front, but I don't know exactly how to get these out.  I tried folding the wings and pulling along with trying to unscrew but nothing worked.  Anyone have any ideas?  Also, does anyone know where I could find a manual for this V165A?  Thanks for all the help.  I've been to this site before for a different machine and found it extremely helpful.  Thanks again.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:41 pm »

Most earlier Vendo can vendors with the rectangular light up signs, were usually held in place by two or three screws from the top inside lip of the main door, remove these top screws & pry the top of the signs edge toward you, there are also a pair of index pins/post along the bottom edge of the sign chassis that keep the bottom of the sign along the bottom edge, these just set in a pair of holes.. tip the assembly forward from the top & then lift it out, it's usually a pretty snug fit as there is also sometimes a gasket of gray rubber that will stick to the signs chassis/frame & the machines front door area...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
meurek

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:20:44 pm »

Hey thank you johnieG!!  You were right about 98%, but you got me looking in the right direction.  Mine had two screws to hold the plastic Coca-Cola sign, but I had to remove 1 screw on the inner and 1 on the outer to take the selection panel out first, mainly because I didn't know what expect.  Then I started to gently pry the plastic out and then I found that mine wanted to come out right first, then left.  The holes that you described were actually on the left on mine.  Thank you again for getting me going in the right direction.  Would you happen to know where I could get a manual for this machine?
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »

Here is the manual that I use for my machine. http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/Serpentine%20165,%20246.pdf It might not be 100% identical but it should give you a really good idea.
meurek

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

Thanks scalebowler.  I think I found this one, and your right, it's not exact, but very similar.  I guess I thought that each model had their own manual and that someone out there might have it.  Oh well.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: