SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:00:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dixie-narco dnc 180-5 not vending  (Read 15442 times)
charger
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:31:45 pm »

Ok will I just got a dnc 180-5 from the neighbor for fixing his computer and it worked fine for 3 or 4 days but now is doesn't seem to vend. I thought it may be the relay but when i trip it with a homemade "Cheater cord" or free vend switch it energizes the relay but still doesn't vend.

The machine will take a coin but will not return it and then will not take any more coins or vend.

Does any one know what the problem maybe?

Or a way to get my soda and beer out would be nice.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:05:13 pm by charger » Logged
charger
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:16:23 am »

Well seeing as no one has said anything yet I'm thinking some pictures of the machine may help.

Also does any one happen to know where a can get a machine for this machine i have a pdf for pre 1990 dncb machines but i think it is a different vending set up that isn't covered by that. I guess at this point any information would be nice to have about how it works before i just start taking it apart.

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:02:22 am »

Welcome to the board! May take awhile on responses. Most here have older machines.
I would check that it is level and see if any connectors have come loose in the move.
Creighton
squarefour

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:30:23 pm »

I am in the same boat.  Charger could you or someone let me know how to put my DNCB 180/105-5 into "free play".  My machine gets cold but that is all.  It will not dispense.  I have some knowledge, so a manual would help.  I also need a door gasket and a new "T" handle lock with key.  Help  Keith Snow 850-259-6469 or Keithsnow@cox.net or here.   help
pepsidixienarco

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »

I am farely new here also, I bought a dixie narco in really good shape for $50, got it home cleaned it up, and played with the coin mech, and broke it.

I hooked up a free play switch using a door bell, and it worked fine, then one day a breaker blew, and it seemed to not vend anymore.  Today I got it looking like it will vend, and I am going to buy a freevend relay.

They are $35, I think it is the easiest way.

Pepsi Dixie Narco model# 168/996
1957 RockOla juke box model# 1955
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:26:17 pm »

I have a friend who has one of the newer model bubble front Vendo machines and his out of product circuit trips when there is still about a case and a half of pop in the machine.  Those are designed to not let the machine sell out of product so when it is re-stocked there is still some cold pop in the machine.  Your machine can hold a lot of product so you could be running into the same issue.  I don't know anything about the new machines but I would check all of your electrical connections , switches and circuits because that is probably where the problem lies.

drinking Tim drinking
pepsidixienarco

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 06:41:43 am »

I just made a new switch for mine, and it works fine. (mine looks to be about the same years as yours roughly).

To eliminate the coin mech, I put jumper wires in the plug, I put a wire in each socket.red wires(#1,#7 together) black wire(#3)

Might be different on yours, but I think that is the standard numbers to make it vend with out the coin mech.  I used a door bell, but any switch will work.

If the lights come on showing a product is out, I'll bet it will vend like this, or else buy the free vend relay i told you about.
vend relay link
http://www.chicompany.net/free-vend-relay-no-modifications-to-machine-648.html

Other wise  this is a link on how to make it vend with no coins.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:46:32 am by pepsidixienarco » Logged

Pepsi Dixie Narco model# 168/996
1957 RockOla juke box model# 1955
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: