SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 08:45:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trick to getting 3 panes and gasket in frame ?  (Read 4539 times)
USMC Vet
10 Cent Member

« on: May 13, 2008, 06:30:11 pm »

Is there a certain trick to get the 3 panes and gasket into the frame ? Also does the deeper edge of the frame go toward the front ? I tried lining it all up and sliding the frame onto the edge,to no avail.Also does the wider part of gasket go towards the front ? Thanks !

Tony

Vendo 81D - Being restored
Vendo Dr.Pepper Queen Anne - Very nice original
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:26 pm »

I've used electrical tape to hold the whole assembly together while reinserting it into the frame (Vendo I assume) two wraps of tape at the very top & bottom (it will be hidden by the end caps once the unit is assembled) the pane that's closest to the outside ( outer face of the assembled bottle door) will be (in referance to the rubber inner gasket) will be fathest from the other two)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:16:20 am »

I'm assuming your referring to the Vendo 81 your working on... I ran into the same problems on my bottle doors.. the new repro foam gasket is actually smaller than the original and causes the inside plexi to flex and makes teh whole thing very hard to work with... It took two of us to hold it and work it together.. then of course it had fingerpints all over the inside glass by the time I was done working it in.. so had to take it apart and now where cotton gloves while putting it together and leaves not fingerprints.
Still have to work it all together, it was hard to get the stainless trim inside the groves on teh new foam gasket as well,,, jsut takes time and patience.
Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
FouFF
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:30:22 pm »

did you get a new gasket ? if yes can you tell me where you have got that ? i'm searching one for my vendo 56

thanks
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:33 pm »

Check with Steve Jebb / SodaJerkWorks... I think he has the 56 Door Foam Gaskets,as well as the rubber door gaskets.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
FouFF
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:08 am »

ok good thanks I will check with him
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: