SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 04:08:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with cavalier c6-390  (Read 2732 times)
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:28:20 pm »

Hello all...

I've owned some 50's era machines; but picked up a Cavalier C6-390 that seems to run well and cool great. (1977 vintage)
However, I don't have the slightest idea of how to operate the machine.  Are any operations manuals available?  For example, when I load cans into the machine, how do I tell the machine that it's not empty anymore?  I'd also like to set it for free vend.  It has a standard 9 pin Jones plug.  Any and all help is appreciated.
'david

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:22:37 am »

Hello David,
Welcome to the board! Search on Free Vend Switch from JonnieG. There's many Cav experts here (I'm not) they will get you sorted in no time. Posting a picture or two will tend to speed things up.
Creighton
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:58:27 am »

Welcome aboard. The free vend switch is over in the Vending Mechanism area.  Here's the link: http://soda-machines.com/cgi-loc....6;t=871 .
I am not familiar with that exact model, but most of the machines of that era have little switchs that are activated by the cans.  You will need to put in a number of cans to turn off the sold out light.  And yes, a picture will help!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 06:58:45 pm »

I have a big C6 390. In each bin, you should have 6 bins for drinks(It is a 6 button machine isn't it) In a bin put 2 cans on one side and then 2 cans on other side. You do have the back spacer in notch 13 at the top for cans don't you? In the front of the bin where you put your cans there is a piece hanging down about 2" wide. Push it in and continue to fill the bin with cans. The cans will hold that piece in and the light on the selector switch on the button will go out. It will come on when you get down to about 6 cans in that bin to let you know it's time to fill that bin. My machine is a C6 390 228 Manufactured 5/1978
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: