SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 01:17:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another candy machine........ question  (Read 4365 times)
« on: January 28, 2005, 06:21:12 pm »

Do any of you have a candy machine Guide, I think I found a stoner machine thats in OK shape it works it was painted Puke greenish brown sometime in its life But it does all work the Guy wants 350.00 for it Im tempted But still not sure yet since I dont have a lot of experience with older candy machines thanks.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:29:59 pm »

Adam,
Check out Back in Time Warehouse BITW.com, They sell restored Stoner machines and parts, and prolly could tell you if it the machine is a true Stoner, or if it's worth it.

I think board members here have purchased decals from it's sister company, sodadecals.com, and seemed pretty pleased with the staff and service

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:07:40 am »

Adam,

Does the candy machine look anything like this:

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:18:18 am »

Adam,
I know you said "pukish brown" the one in the picture is the other popular original color for Stoner candy machines. The one in the picture is a Stoner Junior that I am in the middle of restoring. I haven't been able to locate a manual as of yet. I had talked to the folks at BITW and Memory Lane Blvd. about the existance of such a manual. The answer I got was that at some point Vintage Vending had cobbled together some sort of manual and that it was kinda a waste of paper so they stopped selling it. As far as parts go, BITW/Memory Lane Blvd. have most if not all of the parts you would need.

Give them a call and ask about Stoner Candy Machine Parts, they will more than likely hook you up with a fella named Curtis. He's the Stoner Restoration Guru at Memory Lane. Let us know how things turn out!

Brian
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 10:37:11 am »

Adam, I have one on E-bay this week.  # 6150018834

Glen
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 12:37:56 pm »

Moon Yea it looks exactly like that one you have Only the one I was looking at was obviously repainted sometime with latex house paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!    whats one in that shape worth? It still works has all parts/ Mirror is there. It will need to be fully stripped tho. thanks ADam
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 03:04:57 pm »

Hey

Please help me with this. "Stoner" is that a brand name or is it a reflection on those who use it? This is all new to me.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 03:34:04 pm »

Hehehe.......Stoner is the name of the company that made a few different candy machine. Namely, Stoner Jr, Stoner 180 and Stoner Theatre Model. The Stoner theatre is the most desirable due to it being illuminated. All other versions are non-powered.

Even though "Stoner" is just the name of the company...I guess it does kinda go hand in hand with what people that do that kinda stuff desire afterwards!

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 03:39:50 pm »

Bitw is a great company. The service is wonderful. That is where I bought the frosty decals. I would recomend anyone to buy from them if they needed to. Great people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: