SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:15:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transporting a machine  (Read 3696 times)
« on: April 25, 2005, 10:33:05 pm »

Is it okay to lay a pepsi machine on it's side for transport?  What precautions should I take when moving the machine??
Thanks
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 11:01:34 pm »

Hello Chad,

Welcome to the board! Side might not be the best. On it's back would be better. Remove the shelves. Once back upright let it set at least overnight befor plugging it in. Oil needs to drain back to the bottom of the compressor.
Creighton
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 09:34:46 am »

Upright is best, but not always possible. Then on its back but tilted upward as much as possible. Then flat on its back would be third, but fine as long as you let it set upright for 24-48 hours for the oil, etc. to re-settle, like Creighton said.
Great to have you hear. Welcome to the addiction!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:09:27 am »

Welcome to SMC, Chad! I didn't want to assume anything but, I figured with your handle being "Indyman" that you might actually be located in Indianapolis. I live down in Bloomington and was beginning to think that I was the only Hoosier on the boards here that has what is affectionately known as "The Affliction" Anyway, welcome and stay around awhile!

Brian
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:57:06 am »

Welcome aboard Chad ':drinkers:'

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:31:21 am »

One other concern... you may want to be sure your refrigeration components are all secured properly in the unit... on older machines, sometimes the condenser screws are rusted out, or some lazy schmuck forgets to bolt the compressor unit down properly.  If that happens, it places more of a strain on the connecting piping which isn't fun if it ruptures.  If this is an issue, a few well placed pieces of wood, bailing wire, etc will solve the problem.  Good luck with the move, make plenty of friends 'cause these puppies can weigh a ton (figuratively, if not literally).  And welcome to our little slice of heaven!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 10:17:17 am »

Oh and if it is a "slant shelf" style, remove all the shelves (and anything else loose) before moving it, to protect the machine's insides.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: