SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 03:43:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing "bar" on bottle stack for switch actuation please see pic.......  (Read 5474 times)
addamb
5 Cent Member

« on: June 30, 2014, 07:12:08 am »

I appologize for the "stolen" picture, i don't have a pic here at work to show my actual bottle stack.....

On my V-90 I have a microswitch on the bottom of my bottle stack near the vend selonoid (It screws on the area circled in BLUE in the pic) that i believe the "bar" (circled in red in the pic) is supposed to actuate when you pull a bottle out. However i don't have that bar piece so there's nothing to press the switch. Someone has shorted the two leads for the switch together effictively causing the switch to always be actuated. What is the switch circled in blue for? And when my coin mechanism arrives Tuesday, is the switch being "constantly on" coing to affect the coin mechanism operation?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:22:12 am by addamb » Logged

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
1981 Asteroids Deluxe Cabaret
1981 Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:40:38 am »

That switch is only activated when the stack is ready to vend, the wires lead to a light in the door that usually indicates "Have a Coke"

Glen
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:57:28 am »

Hmm, interesting since i have a Pepsi machine with no such light. Oo

I guess i'll "un-short" the switch and see what happens once i get my coin mechanism installed. My main concern is i don't want it to keep something energized and burn it up such as the vend selonoid or something in the coin mechanism.

Thanks!

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:22:20 am »

You know that kinda makes sense the more i think about it.......When i disassembled my bottle stack for cleaning and painting this weekend, i noticed that the back side of the front "cover" where the bottles pull through was pink. Like it was red one time and was covered in white overspray. So maybe i have a "Frankenstein" bottle rack that someone assembled from a Coke V-90 at one point? That doesn’t explain the two wire leads being present in the wiring harness to go to that switch. Unless all V90s had those wires and you only used them if it was a Coke machine with the "Have a Coke" light present? Oo

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:26:54 am »

Most likely the factory had two bezels, one for a Coke machine with the  Have a Coke " ready light, the other witrh the  ready indicator light not punched out.  You can prolly find athe bezel and make n insert with  Pepsi ifyou so desired

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:45 am »

Most likely the factory had two bezels, one for a Coke machine with the  Have a Coke " ready light, the other witrh the  ready indicator light not punched out.  You can prolly find athe bezel and make n insert with  Pepsi ifyou so desired

Hmmm, that could be. I didn't know Coke V-90s had a "Have a Coke" light. I'd have to fabricate some sort of striker for the switch since i don't have one (as per my first post in this thread) which wouldn't be too hard to do.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 09:31:25 pm »

On my v63, that switch de energizes the solenoids in the coin mech. You can't add $$ until product is removed and switch is open.
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:16:59 am »

On my v63, that switch de energizes the solenoids in the coin mech. You can't add $$ until product is removed and switch is open.

Are you refering to the CREMs? And if that's the case they if i "un'shorted" the two leads that are currently shorted then the CREMs would stay energized which would only mean it's possible to put money in again before making your first selection right?

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:20 am »

That was it! I put my newly aquired coin mechanism in last night and that's exactly what that switch does! So for now i just left the two wires shorted. All that means is that you can put more money in after the initial "credit" is given, but before you remove the bottle. (not a big deal for home use).

On a side note, the "use correct change" circuit apparently goes through there too. With those wires not shorted together, the correct change lamp wont light with no nickles in the coin tubes.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: