SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 12:39:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum and vending machines, need a little help  (Read 3284 times)
thejed72

« on: June 08, 2014, 10:48:33 pm »

Hello all, new to vending machines and the forum. I have a Vendo 132-4 which seems to never have existed. I can't find any info on this particular machine. I also don't know where to start troubleshooting. The machine has power, gets cold if I leave it plugged in long enough, but does not vend or light up. The coin mech seems to work and dispense proper change, but that's about it. I have four cans in each of the four racks. Change in the changer. The wiring diagram on the door is mostly gone.

Looking for a place to start and any help in direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jed
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:44:19 am by thejed72 » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:20 am »

Although few of us get involved with can machines, the principal is the same. Treat this as 2 different problems.
     Test to see if you have power to the lights first. Bad ballasts, bulbs or starters are common faults.
     Does the vending system have 4 motors or 1? Sounds like the coin mech is working, I would follow the wires backwards.

Welcome to the group and good luck!

Glen
thejed72

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

I have no idea how true it is, but I was told this type of machine will not light up if it is not ready to vend because of it being out of change/drinks/not at temp. Is there any truth to this?

I'll try and post some pics of the machine later.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:24:06 pm »

If it's a push button machine each colum has a sold out paddle.  If not enough product is the vending column the orange sold out light will display on the buttons.  Load each column with enough product that all the push button light our off..

Depending on the style of vending machine each column should have a vend motor.  If you remove the cover it will expose all of the motors.  They should have a small mirco switch, that when pushed moves the motor.  They can get sticky with pop over the years, or you could have a loose connection ( typically a spade terminal connection).

Also there should be a vend relay inside somewhere next to the coin mechanism.  That relay has to open in order for power to get to the button after the correct change is inserted.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:56:27 am »

You could try contacting http://www.sodamachinemanuals.com/vendo.html

They list a parts/service manual for a 132.  Although the service section is pretty useless, the parts manuals I have for my vedo's(all two of em) have wiring diagrams and exploded view's of the machine I find handy.

You can also try http://www.vendoco.com/Documents.aspx?ID=14
They have documents for some older vendo machines. You might be able to find a wiring diagram for a similar machine.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:08:51 am by Fire708 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: