SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 09:05:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selectivend Inc 1B SN:116  (Read 2686 times)
wallipro

« on: May 06, 2014, 09:50:45 am »

Hello I am looking for info on a 1B that I picked up at an estate auction. Looking to know what year it is and if it was converted to cans, I don't think the front is original ? Also if $150.00 was a good price ? Its not running but think with a little TLC it will be in working order.

Thanks in advance.       
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:16:52 am »

Some more complete pictures would help.  That looks like a heavy machine.  If it has the can opener on the front, it was likely shipped from the factory that way.  The "Pat Pixley Exclusive"  biggrin Cool laugh woodgrain contact paper on the front may not be original to the machine though.  Unless you really like that machine, I would be careful about putting too much into it as you will likely exceed its potential resale value pretty quickly.  On a brighter note, that appears to be a machine that is not in the Soda Machines library so you will want to submit some pictures for the site archives.

drinking Tim drinking

PS:  Sorry Pat, it has been a while since I kidded you about woodgrain!  happydrinkers
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:57:24 am »

I thought someone replaced the front panel with actual wood

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:07:00 am »

It was not converted to cans, it was built that way and probably the contact paper too.
       Tim's advise is wise about investing money in it though. You should be able to use it as is for a long time though.
       If I'm not mistaken, I think Creighton has one similar that is up and running?

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: