SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 09:05:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr Pepper USS-8-64K  (Read 9055 times)
Netminder8

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

I have the exact machine that I'm trying to put back together. Did you have any trouble with the glass door liner? I have it installed but the door doesn't want to close all the way. Any suggestions?
boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 03:30:32 pm »

I had the same problem at first.  I'm not exactly sure what combination fixed it, but after adjusting the hinge where it attaches to the door (the slots are slightly alongated to allow for adjusting in or out) and making sure the glass on the hinge side was completely mounted inside the track of the door... I was able to get it to close all the way.

Fresh, not from concentrate.
Rob_Feature

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:45:37 am »

Just got my first machine and it's a Coke USS 8-64, looks JUST like your 'before' picture Smiley 

I'm thinking about pulling the woodgrain and painting just like you did here.  Just a heat gun and some goo-gone?  Then paint?  The surface below the woodgrain is paint-ready (ie. you didn't have to put any other type of covering over it before paint?)

---------

-Bob
SodaNoob w/ a Westinghouse WB78 & Cavalier USS-8-64
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:41 am »

All depends what the factory painted under the woodgrain!  I have pulled it off 5-6 machines, and most have a black primer under, but my one white coke USS machine (like yours) had a nice gloss white under.

Heat gun will help, but mostly just start peeling it back, it'll come off.  Goo Gone will be your friend when you are done

Rob_Feature

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 10:02:44 am »

All depends what the factory painted under the woodgrain!  I have pulled it off 5-6 machines, and most have a black primer under, but my one white coke USS machine (like yours) had a nice gloss white under.

Heat gun will help, but mostly just start peeling it back, it'll come off.  Goo Gone will be your friend when you are done
Great, thanks! Will pray for white before pulling Smiley

---------

-Bob
boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 01:49:44 pm »

Yeah. My wood grain peeled off pretty easily without heat. It was primed in black underneath.

I sanded and reprimed before painting. None of that mattered in the long run because I ended up covering the door with a large decal.

Fresh, not from concentrate.
Rob_Feature

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:39:44 am »

Score!  Peeled my woodgrain and it's all nice fresh white underneath.  Beautiful!

---------

-Bob
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: