SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 12:58:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early CS-64 Coin Door Question (Added link to specific model)  (Read 11124 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »

Those are cool machines. I've only seen one of the late pre-woodgrain 64's with the red and white coin door top up close once that I know for certain, and then only looked at it for a couple of minutes. It's a neat look, though the original red paint has a tendency to fade to sort of a radish color over time. That machine is less than five miles away, but the owner wanted $250 and something seems to have whacked the front end and damaged the door Sad. Have no idea if it runs. Can't really handle a project machine at the moment.

Do you have a photo of the late 96 looking at the front? If you don't, it's not a big deal.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 03:36:59 pm »

Here is a Cav64  that I did last yr  there great machines working on a 96 Right now  post a picture later  of that .

And here is one with wood grain .

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:39:01 pm by Custom Soda Works » Logged
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »

That's a pretty machine Pat.  If my 96 looked like that I never would have sold it!

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »

You got that 64 looking better than an 81 Pat!

Glen
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »

That top 64 Looks very very nice. I just started on a 64 this week for a client. That is what I am shooting for.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 08:03:03 pm »

jawdrop

That red-and-white is fantastic! It looks like it could've rolled off the Cavalier assembly line yesterday! Bravo!

It really is a shame these old square top designs aren't used anymore.  down

The woodgrain 64 is also excellent. I've seen a pretty wide variety of patterns on these machines. I wonder where they got them all.

The red and white must have an internal hinge for the primary door. Are those bolt heads showing through the left side near top and bottom where the hinges mount to the cabinet interior?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 07:48:58 am »

This post got me curious as to if the early and late coin doors were really interchangable......and yes they are, I tried it.

I removed a door from a late model woodgrain parts machine, painted it and modified it as to eliminate the coin bezel and window.

(I have discovered that many of my customers prefer a freeplay machine so vending will be done with the coin return knob).

Yesterday another woodgrain 64 came in, and instead of parting it out like I have been doing for many years, I switched the coin doors.

Wow, woodgrain machines have not been getting enough respect!  happydrinkers

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 09:40:13 am »

WOW !!    That looks great Glen  I like the coin bezel  ssomething to think about on the US 64 I have .  smile
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 10:00:28 am »

Thanks Pat.

I forgot to mention that the white Plexiglas sign and it's clear cover can be slid out when the door is open
and personalized for birthdays or holidays.

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 06:16:14 pm »

This post got me curious as to if the early and late coin doors were really interchangable......and yes they are, I tried it.

I removed a door from a late model woodgrain parts machine, painted it and modified it as to eliminate the coin bezel and window.

(I have discovered that many of my customers prefer a freeplay machine so vending will be done with the coin return knob).

Yesterday another woodgrain 64 came in, and instead of parting it out like I have been doing for many years, I switched the coin doors.

Wow, woodgrain machines have not been getting enough respect!  happydrinkers

It's just a theory, but I'm inclined to think the real problem with the woodgrain machines is that most (but not all) of them had an almost all white left side, including the bottle door. Leaving the wood grain as the most interesting visual region directly on the front of the machine, except for the marquee. With one's eyes drawn away from the white to the woodgrain, they become rather bored with the faked pattern quickly, making them critical of it. Also, the mostly-red marquee and it's close association with Coca-Cola prompts one to expect red elsewhere on the front, leaving one disappointed with all of so much white.

By placing that coin door on a machine with a red left side and white bottle door, you've balanced the visual interest of the front better. I suspect certain shades and patterns of woodgrain will complement a red-and-white front very well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: