SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 10:12:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Slant Shelf Can Vendor  (Read 3330 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »

I was wondering if someone would mind explaining how the can vending stack on an Vendo Square top worked (like the slant shelf V-90 Can for example). That is, how you would use it to vend after inserting coins? I've seen them in pictures but I've never seen one actually being used.

Also, and this is probably a dumb question, but could the Vendo slant shelf cooling system be made to work in a Cavalier slant (or vice-versa)?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I may have seen one in action, but I didn't seen enough detail to see for sure how the mechanism worked.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:41:25 pm by Pixel » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:03:02 am »

Well I'll take a stab at the question. Any luck others will correct my errors/omissions.

You insert a a coin. The coin makes it through the slug rejector. Has another successfull journey through the Coinco mech. This trips the rely on the vend stack to vend. Retrieve product. Cycle resets.
Many things can go wrong. If you do not have enough product in the racks, or not enough change in the Coinco the process will fail. If any part is dirty/corroded not going to work either.

Cooling systems are interchangeable to a point. Match the compressor to the size of the cooling area, check which side the cooling lines are mounted on in relation to your main door.
May be able to nudge a left side over to a right side or could bust a line and have a completely separate nasty problem to deal with.

CJS
out

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:23:02 pm »

I'm sorry, I guess I phrased my question wrong. I follow the coin insertion/validating process. How do you select and retrieve the product from vend stack to release it on an old Vendo can vendor? On the Cav USS, I know you turn the dial marked with you desired flavor, which moves a soda into the pull-out area. The Vendo stack looks like it works differently.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 03:16:03 pm »

You just pull forward on the lever at the front of that selections slot, then a lever towards the rear of that column "slot" helps push the can forward so you can grab it. all the coinmech does is release the latch on the stack so you are allowed to pull just one of the selection levers at a time / per vending cycle.

I assume you've read this thread, if not, here's the link...http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,8208.0.html

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »

I assume you've read this thread, if not, here's the link...http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,8208.0.html

Thanks johnnieG, I didn't think about the conversion working on a slant shelf, as my main interest in square top slant shelves up to now has been Cavaliers, which of course have different vend doors for CSS and USS, as well as different stacks and other differences. I'll look over the thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: