SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 06:25:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late Model Cavalier USS-64  (Read 2127 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: May 16, 2013, 01:27:47 pm »

Hello, everyone.  smile

You may not remember me. I had the Choice Vend CVC-224 with serious vending problems and no cooling, and
a white painted Cav CSS-64P. I haven't really had the wherewithal to pursue collecting for awhile, so I kinda got
out the loop.

Just to update I finally gave up and took the Choice Vend to the scrapper. Just too much wrong with it. The little
Cavalier is still in the family, and still plugging along.

Currently, I'm checking out a USS-8-64 that's for sale. It's probably from the early 80's, or maybe very late 70's. It has a
cooling problem though, something to do with the condenser fan. I'll place a post detailing that in the Refrigeration forum.

I was wondering, how many of the USS parts from the 80's are interchangeable with the 70's CSS machines? I would want a
USS to run, but if the cooling system isn't fixable it might be good to have some extra parts anyway.

Thanks.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »

There are a lot of parts that are interchangeable, the cooling deck is the same and you could swap it out from the CSS to the USS if you want.  The condensor fan motor is easy to replace and readily available from the site sponsors, Funtronics and Soda Jerk Works.

The shelves, vending rack,  and glass door are different between the USS and CSS, everything else is pretty much the same (coin box, cap catcher, electrical, marquee)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: