SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 02:13:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help getting a (vintage?) coca-cola machine working!  (Read 29351 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:18 am »

There should be one linked to the bar that is attached to the solenoid to pull it back (or forward) after the solenoid has de-energized.  The photo below is from a USS machine, but same principal.  The solenoid is backwards on the USS from the CSS.  On the USS, when the solenoid energizes, it pulls in, moving the bar to the left in the photo, pushing the vending cam/flap so the machine can vend.  When it de-energizes, it needs the help to pull the bar back to the right, hence the spring.

Also looks like you are missing the microswitch.  That switch 'tells' the coin mech the position of the vending cam, providing power to the CREMs to reject coins if the machine is in a vend-state. 

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 12:08:08 pm »

Also, there is a small spring that goes to the center of the vend cam/flap and connects to the small hole just above it in your photo.  You can just about see it in the second photo I posted.

Jwest7788

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 09:06:37 am »

Hey, I'm back after time away this winter.

Like a fool though I took the machine apart months ago, cleaned up all the black coca-cola gunk, and didn't put it together after (thinking foolishly) that I would still remember where they belong!

I got the machine put back together, but am left with 2 pieces with no home. Feeling pretty silly, I always do this with my motorcycles etc, but parts breakdowns are clearly more available for them.

Picture attached.

Side Note, got the vend mech all working (not actually functional in the machine, but clean enough to operate once I figure out:) It seems that this solenoid would pull, but in order to operate the gates it would need to push. Is this solenoid usually on, off upon payment, using a spring to allow vend when the solenoid is off?
--> This makes sense, but it seems that the spring pulls the gate too far.
Edit*: Wait, Can this solenoid push? Seems to me that they normally pull only.

Will take more pics tonight for this awesome forum's input.

JW

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:15:57 am by Jwest7788 » Logged
Jwest7788

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 09:22:09 am »

Found the flat plate.

I remember now, it was never installed. But see in the below pic it covers the solenoid etc.

Now just need to figure out the bracket and spring. Once I better understand the 'solenoid functionality' I believe the spring will find it's home quickly.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: