SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 09:38:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lonergan RC Ice Chest  (Read 7868 times)
Bwfergus

« on: March 27, 2014, 01:31:06 pm »

Hey guys, new to this site, but not the advertising world. I'm a current 20 year old college student, and have been around antiques of all kinds since I was in the womb. Recently went to Florida on a spring break trip, and bought this back home! It's a Lonergan Ice Chest. I'm needing parts for it( I know it's a needle in a haystack!). The lids are pretty much toast. Below is what I need:
Two doors/lids
Cap catcher
Lid handles

I think I have a RC Star-x opener stashed away somewhere.

My father worked for them 23 years while I was growing up. His birthday is coming up, and is like to give this to him then.

Here is a picture of the chest in question. If you have any info on the chest, paint codes, or location of parts, please don't hesitate to contact me!
Thanks!
Brandon W. Ferguson
Central City, KY

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:53:53 pm »

Welcome to the forums!

I'd say it'll pretty tough to find the replacement parts for the cooler, not many around.  I do know of one that was for sale near Pinehurst, NC as of last summer, he wanted around $400 or so for it.  I don't know if that cap catcher was original or not, but there are some repros of them out there.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,17576.0.html

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:06 pm »

Nice cooler.. A cooler that unique and that old doubt there are many around and am pretty sure parts aren't reproduced for them... You're gonna need a fabricator for these parts.
 I would find one near you and take the lids to them to get an idea of what it would cost.. I would think you're looking at $200-300 for lids and around $50 for a cap catcher
to be made. Ace Hardware carries a little handle that is almost identical to S&S handles and Quikold Handles.. bet these would be close to what you need. made by HILLMAN and are 3 3/4 door handles.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:58:17 pm »

Also.. Look into casters to get it off the ground and keep it from damage and rust....

Eric

WANTED:
Bwfergus

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »

Eric,
I've got a friend I graduated high school with that does sheet metal work. He said he can do the doors. I like the cap catcher on the link. If I can't find one, Ill probably have him make a cap catcher as well.

I would assume there was some kind of rubber gasket as well??

Thanks guys!
Brandon
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,17576.0.html

One of the first machines I ever saw local to me about 4 years ago.  It was missing the capcatcher though.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:15 pm »

If Pat still has his cap catchers for sale, the round one looks like it'd work

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,18761.0.html

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:42 pm »

Hey guys, new to this site, but not the advertising world. I'm a current 20 year old college student, and have been around antiques of all kinds since I was in the womb. Recently went to Florida on a spring break trip, and bought this back home!

Usually when 20 year olds come back from Spring break they come back with Hangovers, Sunburn and the occasional STD... Not Vintage RC Cola Coolers... Your on the right Track Young Man way to go! happydrinkers glare

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 05:08:49 pm »

Ha! I agree... Spring Break in Florida and this is what you have to show for it! You did good!

Eric

WANTED:
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »

Not too often someone finds something in Florida...
In my backyard too ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: