SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:44:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a wd-10 cap catcher  (Read 7970 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »

Post some pics ...

What did your restoration consist of?
Thrasher

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »

Found a wd-10 on eBay last Jan.  It was in pretty good shape but had been used as a bait box.  I have replaced seals, door lids, repaired holes in door where a pad lock had been put on, sand blasted and primed.  I have been waiting to paint until I had a cap catcher.  It's been fun.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 07:08:22 pm »

I got mine last Febraury.  Which seals did you replace?

I did a full breakdown, sandblasted, powdercated, new galvanized tub, restored compressor, hand lettering
on the entire macchine.

Curious wha seals you replaced, some are not available for this machine yet....
Thrasher

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »

Seal/gasket each lid.  I think you are right about the main seal on the body not being made.  I had to retrieve my old one out of debris when I discovered no one had replacements.  I did get conflicting email from two vendors that sell the same post-war body gasket for wh.  One said it would not work and the other said it would.  I didn't try.   Did you have the tub built or did you find one?  Also, who did your compressor work?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 09:12:55 pm »

SJW is in the process of making the correct gasket.  Last time I checked it should be ready Dec. 1st.

I'm refering to the tub gasket that goes behind the breaker strips which the top piece screws into the body of the chest, and the body screw into the metal part of the tub.  The gasket sits flush behind the breaker strips.

Funtronics sells a gasket, part number 28 -Z, I cannot get the gasket to work for this tub.  It works for the WD-12, but I haven't been able to get it to work for the 10.  Hold out for thes SJW gasket that shoul work.

Global Compressors, $595.00 plus shipping both ways.....
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »

I had a brand new tub made for 75.00.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: