SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 06:50:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse standard  (Read 2767 times)
« on: April 17, 2005, 12:40:18 pm »

Just bought this Westinghouse Standard that uses water to keep the pop cold,the only thing missing is the cap catcher.
Did they have a plug that kept the water from running out??
does the water stop circulating once the water reaches a certain temperature?The lids have some rust but i think there saveable.If anybody has any information please post.
Thanks
KID
 ':drinkers:'
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 07:24:15 am »

Kid,

I don't think they had a plug on the drain inside the cabinet - even though you may see threads there.  I think the threads were for a standpipe if the machine was an ice unit.  You should see a "Y" fitting coming out of the cabinet below the capcatcher.  That's where a plug screws in.  I can take a picture of mine (once it's back from the bodyshop).

I believe the water circulates continously - just like the evaporator runs continuosly on an air cooled unit.

Funtronics sell the lids if yours is not salvagable.  The main gasket is available also.

Good luck,
Bob
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 04:16:58 pm »

I recently bought a cooler similar to this, I was told it is a Westinghouse Master Cooler.  But, it sure looks like this one.  What is the difference?
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 04:47:22 pm »

The Master is around 11" wider (41.75" vs. 31").

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: