SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 06:34:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 door adjustment  (Read 2118 times)
« on: August 31, 2004, 11:56:46 am »

Hello,

I recently picked up a Vendo 81B machine that I wanted to take a shot at restoring.  Unfortunately, when I picked it up I discovered that the "frame" of the main cabinet was deformed so that the upper left corner of the machine seemed to bulge out.  It was bad enough that there was a gap between it and the door.  

After disassembling everything I was able to get the cabinet back in shape through judicious use of a bottle jack and a rubber mallet.  The left side is now almost straight (there is still a slight "dip" where the top hinge is - maybe 1/16"-1/8") and the top is once again straight.  I tried to hang the door on the empty carcass just to test it and it looked as though the door would hang about 1/2" low evenly across the top.  I'm wondering if this is normal and/or adjustable.  I don't want to go too far with my restoration efforts if this is something that's going to cause problems down the road.

I realize this isn't something easily describable with words, and I could definitely post some pictures to help show what I'm talking about if there's anyone with some experience who would be able to offer some suggestions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Kyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: