SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 11:05:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Me - V56 Square Top  (Read 3695 times)
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« on: November 14, 2009, 02:27:21 pm »

Okay, so I am out in the garage cleaning up - beautiful day.  Moving around my V56 Square top so I can put it next to my LaCrosse 90 in the garage.

I just drilled out the lock the other day when I got it and had the lock bar that the cam-lock moves up and down off the machine.  When I went to move the machine I put it up on the dolly and about hit my dog in the head with the lock bar that slid off the top of the machine.

So smart me put it back on the machine - can you guess what's next?  Yep, dummy me bumped the door and it moved the lock bar just enough to lock the door shut.  So without the cam-lock installed and just a hole there for a lock what does one suggest to open this thing back up so I can adjust the thermostat, put the coin mech back in and chill some brews for the evening?

Thanks...appreciate any help!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:16:50 pm »

Is the hole large enough to allow your pinky finger to go in and move the locking bar up/down...?

My six cents,

Jim

pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:08:47 pm »

I'm kind of a big guy (tall) and have big fingers...I guess I can try drilling out the cam lock housing to make the hole a little bigger.  Will let ya know.
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:10 pm »

Drilled out the housing enough to get my pinky in there, but it was too tight for the pinky finger.  Managed to angle a screw driver in there and tap it with a hammer and wah-lah.  Back in business.  Thanks for the tip!!

First thing I did was take that lock bar back off until I get a replacement lock!!    I could use a new lock bezel for the Vendorlator 56 square top if anybody has a nice looking one for offer.  Thanks!!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:04:04 pm »

That's happened to me before but only with the whole lock removed. I was going to suggest to you turning the machine upsidedown so the locking bar falls the other way.
          Glad you got it open though!  happydrinkers

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 08:15:35 pm »

I think it has happened to all of us at one time .   I like that Glen turn it upside down  biggrin .
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35:38 am »

That's happened to me before but only with the whole lock removed. I was going to suggest to you turning the machine upsidedown so the locking bar falls the other way.
          Glad you got it open though!  happydrinkers
Yeah, just pick it up and shake it..  Oo biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: