SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 07:16:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KC 0084 E. F. Pierson (Vendo) files  (Read 1584 times)
toolbox

« on: July 20, 2013, 06:59:32 pm »

I have purchased, received and reviewed 1155 pages of the KC 0084 file. There aren’t any brochures, advertising, manuals, serial number charts or anything else specific to their product line in this file. It’s all about E. F. Pierson, his brothers and their accomplishments, which were worthy and many.
I did pick up three tidbit pieces of information though – I saw a picture including a V-59 Top in an article published by two newspapers on Oct 14 1945. The articles were announcing the new Vendo Coin Changer.
In a newspaper article in 1947 a former Kansas City mechanic, living in CA, charged that he was the actual inventor of the vending machine top (covered in Pat. No. 2099557, which was the 1938 Vendo Top). Vendo bought the patent from Frank de Mayo Jr., the inventor listed on the patent. (Frank de Mayo’s father, Sr., was a famous mobster in Kansas City during prohibition times).
On Oct 16 1946 there was an article in the New York Times stating that F. L. Jacobs Co. had recently received a contract with the Coca-Cola Co. to produce vending machines.
So, that’s the sum-total of those files. If you had been interested you can put your mind and your pocket book at rest.
If you have a late 1940’s piece of Vendo literature covering chest-type units I could certainly use a copy.
Have a good one.
Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: