SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 04:45:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another pic of the new vendo  (Read 7741 times)
pete

« on: November 08, 2007, 06:55:07 pm »

Another pic of the new machine
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:23 pm »

Cool kewl!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:51:48 pm »

Nice looking machine.  Just wondering did you get that in Arkansas around Ft. Smith...

aspbear
pete

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:57:28 pm »

I got it in Yuma Arizona
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »

SWEET  looking machine great catch  biggrin
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 01:10:39 am »

That is a nice looking machine. Personally I'd take Tom up on his offer of the crack handle. It deosn't quite look complete without it. It depends how far you want to go into the hobby. If its purely for vending then a dumby crank handle will do. If you have been bitten you could clean it up replace the bottle door with a glass one. If you decide to do minor restoration I would suggest taking the shelves out and spraying them with hammertone.

The 56 is an easy machine to work on. (Even I was able to do it, with a little help here and there.)
Its very desirable and if its your first machine you have come in near the top of the league. All the best

Dave
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 07:05:10 am »

That is a nice looking machine. Personally I'd take Tom up on his offer of the crack handle.

I know these machines are addictive, but I wouldn't have associated them with crack...  biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
pete

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 09:36:28 am »

Dave,
Replacing the bottle door with glass was one of the first things I thought of doing. I have taken the door out and looked at it to try and access what would be involved. My concern was that if I screwed it up, I have a tendency to do that every now and again, that I would not be able to replace to door very easliy. I do want to do it... I  thought I would wait to either see if a glass door can be found somewhere or if I could find some detailed info on the best way to do it.
Anyhelp or advice is greatly appreciated.

Pete
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 10:21:09 am »

The glass door is reproduced for $75. I think it is by thesodajerkwerks. I might be interested in your solid door if you wanted to sell it cheep.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 10:22:08 am »

Bubba - That's the problem with always having work on my mind...

Pete - There is someone "Home arcade" possibly that you can send your door to and they convert it for you. A bit expensive.

I cut the fixed panel out bought the kit from Funtronics and did it myself. It came out fine.
If you search through the Archive here there was lots of help come my way on my 56 about a year ago.

Creighton, Moondawg and others all piped up with help. Tom sorted the coin mech out for me.

The replacement parts are plentiful if you do decide to go the whole way.

I'm just a novice with this. There are half a dozen people here that produce amazing results. Stick around.. If this is your first I can make one promise... It won't be your last. I'm on number five and they are like rocking horse poo over here. If I could grab more I would (Wife allowing).

Dave

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: