SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 09:15:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Missed You Guys  (Read 9089 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 08:33:39 pm »

We did the Carnival Ecstasy about 11 years ago... my first cruise and it was cool. By the time our cruise date came up, my wife was pregnant... So it wasn't as much fun as we hoped, but it was still good. Heard that Royal is the way to go...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 08:44:54 pm »

Choosing a cruise line depends on what you want. Royal Caribbean is more fancy with better food and while being family friendly there are moderately less kids on the ship. Depending on the boat there is usually even an adult only pool are area for adults only.

Carnival is just as they advertise. "The Fun Ship". Its more of a party but for the whole family. Lots of children. The food is good but nothing compared to Royal Caribbean.

Celebrity Is the higher class of Royal Caribbean and they are the same company. It is just much more luxury and in my opinion not worth the extra money.

Great deals can be found on cruises. Especially if you have the ability to go last minute. Go the last minute cruise sites (Type into Yahoo) there are dozens and you can get a great vacation for next to nothing.

I just went on the Royal Caribbean ship in Singapore and I paid less than $600 USD for two people in an upgraded cabin for a 3 night cruise. That includes all food but drinks are xtra. For me cruising is the only way to go.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 08:59:18 pm »

I agree with Josh. We have done 3 Royal cruises, 2 with our 11 yo daughter and she has loved both of them. We've done the Bahama's, Western Caribbean & Mexican Riviera.

We have friends that cruise a lot and have tried other lines and have generally agreed that Royal is the happy medium. On each cruise my daughter has managed to find a friend while onboard.

After spending 5 years at sea on two ships, I especially love the novelty of being underway and not having to do any work!  Cool

Brian
Pat Pixley
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 09:02:10 pm »

Ken, Our first cruise was Royal Caribbean ten years back  and on a tuesday night
wednesday morning I had a kidney stone attack and Oh my god I thought I was going to die,
OH  YEAH !!  Did I mention It was our  honeymoon  upside .

Cruises are great And like Josh said Carnival is the fun ship but they too also have a adult
pool  which was not patrolled well  glare.  Royal caribbean  will be our next cruise.

After spending 5 years at sea on two ships, I especially love the novelty of being underway and not having to do any work!  Cool
   And probably well deserved  Brian  smile.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:08:46 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 09:13:33 pm »

And like Josh said Carnival is the fun ship but they too also have an adult
pool which was not patrolled well 

Meaning swim suits optional? tounge

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 09:26:35 pm »

Carnival Did have a top Deck which you could be topless  tounge But we were not on one of the few carnival ship that have that Deck , My friend was on one of those ships last year
and did enjoyed the surroundings But this time his wife made the arrangements  for all of us, so no topless deck for this cruise  down.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: