SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 10:07:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Missed You Guys  (Read 9080 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:57:21 am »

Brian ,We did Carnival pride this time and had a good time it was just killing me because I knew there was internet there and the wife told me to stay away. But our first cruise was Royal Caribbean   10 yrs back and that was fun too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:58:15 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:00 pm »

Glad you had a good time. We just got back off of a 7 Night, Mexican Riviera Cruise with Royal a couple of weeks ago. I stayed away from the internet as well!

Brian
Pat Pixley
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »

Brian,  Did you Like the Mexican Riviera ?? and would you do it again ??
we had talked about doing that maybe next time  smile.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »

Welcome back Pat! Glad you had fun...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 11:34:54 pm »

We had a royal ship here in Singapore for a while now its being overhauled and will be back for good in November. I went a few months ago and it was great! That was my 11th cruise. Growing up my Dad and I were avid divers and there is no better dive vacation than a cruise. A new island every day. But in order to enjoy the dive you have to book your own away from the ship or there will be too many people.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but is anyone else here a scuba diver? I miss it so much. I haven't dove since my accident 2.5 years ago. I am almost now healed to the point where I can try to dive again. Once I get home from the States my Dad and I are going to take a trip to Australia to go diving. I haven't been yet. I am looking forward to it. We are only 5 hours from Australia and its cheep to get there.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 03:58:02 am »

Josh

when I was younger I dived in Isreal, Turkey and Egypt... Have never been to OZ... Supposed to be
fantastic... The Red Sea was wonderful...

Guess you are only back in The US for a short while Huh?

Dave 
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 06:00:30 am »

Pat -

The Mexican Riviera was nice. Our ports of call were Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta. The particular ship we cruised on, The Mariner Of The Seas, is only a few years old and is absolutely beautiful! We are spoiled when it comes to Royal and have only fleetingly thought about cruising with somebody else. They have really treated us right.

If you haven't been it before, I would HIGHLY recommend the Bahamas cruise that Royal Caribbean does, it was awesome!

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 10:10:54 am »

Yep the Royal Caribbean eastern and western Caribbean itineraries are great! I generally like to stay away from Jamaica. It can be a rough place to visit. My Mom and Sisiter were followed for quite a while by guys trying to sell drugs. I have been three times and won't go back. Also PADI alerts divers from diving there from bad air and poor equipment. If anyone is a diver go on a cruise that takes you to grand cayman and go to a company called Dive Tech. They are a wonderful shop and have one of the best shore dive experiences you will ever have. Just off to the left is a lagoon with a school of huge tarpon that is absolutly amazing. In the tree times I have been there over several years the school is always there. They also rent scooters so if you are lazy you can scuba with the assistance of a scooter. There are three GREAT walls within swimming distance one that drops to about 35 feet and then the second that goes to the depths. Overall its an amazing dive and its cheep because there is no dive boat and you can choose to stay before the first wall and be in the shallows and have a great dive and stay in the water almost all day without any worries.

I love cruising. When I was younger the drinking age on the ships was 18 in international waters and for my 18th bday we went on a cruise and my parents paid for my bar bill as my present. Boy was that an expensive bday for the, Smiley

Cruising is the only way to go on vacation. You cant go anywhere in the world and get the experience you do on the boat plus the fantastic food for the price of a cruise. Especially if you have the flexibility to go last minute. if your job will allow you can get last minute fares for less than 1/4 the normal price. No matter what they want to fill the boat so once it gets within two weeks of the sailing date you can get fares for next to nothing.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:36:16 am »

Pat,

Glad to see you again! Glad you had a great time. Went on a cruise last month to St. Croix and St. Thomas. Loved it!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 04:28:24 pm »

For SALE: My Collection, so I can afford to go on a Cruise... biggrin
All this talk about cruises makes me wanna go! We've never been, and have talked about it..hopefully next year...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: