SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 10:08:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamesroom/rec room photos  (Read 7386 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: June 12, 2005, 03:49:13 pm »

Chaps & Chapesses

I am just about to embark on converting my garage into some sort of a gamesroom for my Vendo 39 & a few Jukes.

I love looking at photos of group members machines but also like to look beyhond the machine to see what other goodies you all have.

So, I know it may sound a little "raincoaty" (not sure if that translates) but if you do have photos of your own hideaways could you plse post me a few.

Cheers

Dave
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 03:59:21 pm »

Dave, Have you checked out the Photo Album section of the site?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 04:57:56 pm »

Here's my stuff: http://home.comcast.net/~dr.galaga/games.html
Some additions that are not listed are: I just installed a 96 in 1 multi-pac in the Ms. Pac-Man last week and I'm working on a parking meter.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 07:13:00 pm »

Wow!.... I just got it Galaga!!!...... Dr Galaga! Galaga was THE game when I was in High School/early college!
I owe all my failing grades in college to that game! I Loved that game! Must be pretty good to be “Dr. Galaga”!
I bought a cheap atari type game in the mall that had like 40 games in it for the kids it had Galaga in it I bet
I played 3 hours that night!  Cool stuff by the way! Past a guy about my age a month ago on the highway
with a original Galaga strapped in the back of his truck! Big  'ol smile on his face as I passed and
gave him the thumbs up! That would be THE only game I'd own (plus would want the book on how
to beat it... Heard there was a way to keep them from firing on you)....
Anyway good stuff.....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 07:45:43 pm »

Hey guys,

I just posted a couple of photos of the machines around my apartment in the photo gallery.  All of the machines pictured are in original condition aside from the refrigeration units.  I'm not much of a fan of stripping off old paint if it can be avoided.  I truly believe it's the scratches and dings that give the machines thier character.  Also, I think my friends would be reluctant to use the machines if they thought they might damage something in mint condition.  I do have the V-80 at the paint shop right now though, it's paint was just too bad to ressurect.

I'll keep posting more as I take them.  I left out the pics of the two jukeboxes (Mills constellation and Seeburg 147 "trash can") and my V-80.  I'd love to share the pics of them but right now there is very little to take pictures of.  At the moment they consist of a heap of parts waiting on more parts and the money to buy them...  I'd love to see more people post pics of thier game rooms (or tiny little overcrowded apartments like mine) in the gallery.  

A J

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 08:03:41 pm »

Quote (Eric @ June 12 2005,8:13)
That would be THE only game I'd own (plus would want the book on how to beat it... Heard there was a way to keep them from firing on you)....

There is a trick.  If you are interested it is 3/4 down on this page: http://www.arcadeshop.com/galaga/galaga.htm

In college I said that I was going to own one some day.  About 6 months after I got a house I found one for my basement.  There was a cocktail version at a bar near the college I went to and a friend and I would stop by there a few times a week to unwind and play a few games  ':drinkers:'

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:42:38 am »

Brent, I love your gameroom.
Reminds me of mine. I'll take and post photos soon.

Dave, as soon as I read the name of this thread, I knew it was yours because in the U.S. we say "Gameroom" and in England they say "Gamesroom".

Great thread idea Dave.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 09:44:11 am »

Thanks for the photos

Brent - Well impressed with your collection of Arcade Machines. I had a upright with Mame running a few years ago. Track & Field always brings back happy memories of youthful years gone by. Ah those carefree days.

Also got a good link for the Walk Don't Walk I have that doesn't run to sequence.

Checked out the Photo Album too with the gamesroom to die for. Don't think mine will come anywhere near the standard set there.

Cheers

Dave
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 09:59:34 am »

A J
Love the scale.... And the machines... My 56 has that same fish tail decal.
Where did you find & What did you have to pay for the scale?...

Very Cool Stuff!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 11:27:38 am »

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the note.  I love that fishtail decal too.  Steve Ebner believes it to be a door push decal originally that somehow found it's way onto the sides of my machine.  I tried to find replacements but have had no success.

The penny scale is actually my latest aquisition.  I saw it in front of a junk dealer in houston and made an immediate u-turn to investigate.  The scale was complete and needing only minor adjustment to function.  The price tag was for $295, which I have come to find out is a bargain in itself, but I talked the guy down to $200 cash.  Amazingly, a full size penny scale will fit in the back of a 2004 Jetta...

Also, there is a guy at pennyscale.com who has the entire Watling Scale Company's records and was able give me the complete history of my scale for free.  Plus he has all the parts to repair/restore them.  

As it turns out that scale was sold new in 1950 to a man named J.D. Marcus in Houston, Texas.  When delivered the scale came with the wrong mirror.  It was printed in spanish.  The photocopies of the company records give great detail surrounding the replacement of Mr. Marcus' mirror and repayment for said service.  It's really fascinating.

Anyhow, y'all have a good one and keep those game room pics coming.

A J
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: