SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:36:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here collect the cool philco "predicta" tvs  (Read 3003 times)
« on: June 04, 2005, 02:48:49 pm »

So as if I don't have enough hobbies and collections already, I have recently fallen in love with the hip, ultra cool, Jetsons-like 1950s tvs called the Philco "Predicta" tvs.

I want one so badly, but most sell on eBay for way more than I can afford.

Do any of you guys and gals collect them?
I would LOVE to put one in the corner of my home office.

Man I love those cool tvs!

Unfortunately I don't own any yet. I'd love to someday have all the funky models, but first I'd like
the "Barber Pole" model, also called the "Pedestal" model. (See the first photo)
(Photos borrowed from eBay)

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 09:39:19 pm »

Coool !!!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:20:02 pm »

There's a man here in Missouri that is third generation Appliance owner/Dealer has about ten of those....
He collects and doesn't sell.... most are from the family business originally. (returns. Ha)
He also collects Jukeboxes and has several rountop machines......... Those are cool TVs...
Aren't they repro-ing that model?......

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 10:46:45 pm »

Check out the JVC VIDEOSPHERE also. I love the look of this one. It is newer and more reliable too. My mom had one and when I went to college and when I got back, she had sold it at a yard sale for $5!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 11:15:31 pm »

Quote (Eric @ June 04 2005,10:20)
Those are cool TVs...
Aren't they repro-ing that model?......

Eric

Yeah, another modern company has purchased the rights and they are manking repros with color screens, but it just wouldn't be the same. A color screen would be nice, but I only want the originals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: