SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:35:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 72 questions  (Read 2616 times)
kstt
5 Cent Member

« on: May 20, 2005, 09:53:38 am »

Just getting into my first restoration. I'm wondering about a couple of things: Who has the most correct "Have a Coke" decal for the sides? I've looked at Funtronics and Soda Jerk Works. I'm not sure these are right. Also, I know the red & white front is not correct, but like so many others, I'm gonna do it anyway. Who has the chrome (or plastic) trim that can separate the colors? Lastly, (and most important) I need a the best source for a coin mech as, the original is long gone. Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:08:30 pm »

the decals from funtronics are right.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:10:09 pm »

Funtronics and/or The Soda Jerk Works also carries the trim you are looking for

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 11:23:27 am »

ksst - welcome.  You can also find the coin mech's in abundance on eBay or from JohnieG on these boards.  As for other parts... post a pic and let us know what machine you have.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 10:40:31 am »

Those coin mechanisms for that machine are made by coinco.  They are common on ebay and are very standardized.  They are all the same size and mount the same so there is no need to be picky about which one to buy.  Coinco made some solid state versions and some all mechanical versioins but they are interchangeable in the machine.  The only substantial diference I have noticed on them is the maximum price setting.  I have one really old all-mechanical version that only goes up to a quarter in 5 cent increments.  Seems like the newer ones go up to a buck or two per vend and aren't mechanical except for the slug rejector portion.
I may have an extra one laying around here that I can sell cheap if you can't find one online.
As for the decals, Steve at Funtronics makes his decals from the originals (from what I hear) and they are spot on accurate.  Plus, Steve's a great guy and easy to deal with.
Best wishes,
A J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: