SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:34:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New/old dvd vendo.  (Read 2765 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« on: May 02, 2005, 01:29:45 am »

Well thought I needed one of these.
Vendo DVD

Will share with anybody interested.
Creighton
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 06:40:24 am »

"Film #2. The Refreshing Look" is the one that we have been passing around and posting here, (and I really like it). But I would like to see the other two Coke films. Cool!
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 01:58:49 pm »

Wow, film #1 sounds pretty cool!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:41:57 pm »

Ok,
I'll let everyone know when it arrives.
Creighton
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 08:04:10 pm »

Well it showed up last Thurs. and didn't have time to watch until today. There is great footage but storyline sure shows it's age. Reel one is the film we have already seen.

Reel two is "Pearl of the Orient". An overview of the Coke operation in the Philippines. Does show pretty much all of the process to manufacture bottles. Pretty kwel!! Also a short clip of the silk screening of an embossed sign. White was already on they put red on top. Strange footage of "local customs" though.

Reel three is "To Market, To Market" Great shots of 1938 and below cars/buses etc.. last part is in color. Shot in 1938 Chicago, IL. the whole thing is devoted to demostrating how this company does the best research for locations of billboards. Interesting but very odd stuff when viewed in 2005.

Anyway, they have copywrited this and I respect that. I'll mail out the orginal for viewing borrows (no copies please). Let me know if you are interested.

It is still offered on Ebay and I think it was only $18.00 total.
I got 18 $ worth of hoot and would encourage all to support these folks so they can find/provide more of the same. I have no idea who they are just a fan.

Sorry for the length,
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: