SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:59:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of starting my own website  (Read 18357 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2005, 10:13:29 am »

But aren't you allowed to use machines since they produced them and it is a restored origional machine?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2005, 10:42:49 am »

I'm not sure... It's their trademark and it being used with other trademarks/brands I
know they will frown on that. The machines in the Calendars where restored but they
still put a halt to that.
Ask Steve at Funtronics he may know what they'd do since he's licensed with them doing
the decala and all....
Just looking out for you....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2005, 10:58:09 am »

Thank you so much. I will use this for a short time and then change it when the 7up and Mt Dew are done. Untill them I doubt I will even be searchable.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2005, 11:22:25 am »

Josh,

I think you'll be OK in this instance due to the fact that you aren't selling products for profit with the Coca-Cola or Coke Logo... I've had the logos on SMC at various times without repercussions. But do use discression...

On the calendars... While it's true Coca-Cola is very protective of their trademarks, and rightly so, the calendars had girls in swimsuits and part of the story is that Coca-Cola did not want this image being associated in any shape or form with their trademark logos! Additionally, they will not tolerate anyone selling products with their logo on it, calendars included!

My six cents,

Jim

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2005, 12:49:51 pm »

What about selling restored machines. Because I do plan on selling restored Coke machines for a profit.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2005, 02:26:46 pm »

To my knowledge, they have never attempted to stop someone from selling restored soda machines. This is due to a soda machine not being reproduced with the Coca-Cola logo. A calendar, for example, is a reprint/reproduction of their logo and this is where some of the legal issues come into play... Hope this clears things up a little...?

My six cents,

Jim

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2005, 02:55:35 pm »

Thanks Jim.
petey64
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2005, 07:35:40 pm »

If you need help creating a site i can help, you can see my work here http://www.tournamentofroses.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: