SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 04:57:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying machines  (Read 29285 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2005, 01:41:28 pm »

It is worse than it looks in the pic. The paint is nice but there are several small dents, the trim is beet up and someone put a clasp lock on it.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2005, 01:49:14 pm »

I agree with MoonDawg I'd leave it Coke.... Leave the Awesome Frosty machine look for those little ugly Vendorlators. The sign looks good.... is it?....
I'm tearing into my 81, 72 and 39 all at the same time. But after that I gotta find one of these Square top Cokes.

Nice Find!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2005, 02:13:17 pm »

Well this one might be for sale if you all think I should leave it like it is. The Frosty machines have always been the Cavalier 64's. I think this would look killer at least restored coke.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2005, 02:48:42 pm »

Josh

I would like it. Send me a note if you really want to sell it.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2005, 02:55:11 pm »

Hey Josh, have you sold/decided what you're going to do with those 55D's yet?

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2005, 02:59:14 pm »

I know that I am keeping one but an unsure about the other. Give me an email if you want to talk about it. jdloman2000@yahoo.com or call my cell at (386)316-0341. I work alot so if I do not answer leave a message and I should be able to call back shortly.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2005, 07:08:22 pm »

I remembered the beginning of this thread and it got me thinking today.  A few weeks ago I noticed an early 70's can machine, not too big, sitting outside a collectibles shop about ten miles from here.  It looked in good shape on the outside, but it was not plugged in.  Looked like it hadn't been in awhile.  I went by today and it is still there, but the shop was already closed.  I figured I would call them and ask them about it, thinking if it isn't plugged in they might be happy just having someone haul it off.  But then I started wondering if I would be better off just borrowing the neighbor's truck and showing up at the store to ask about it.  What do you think?  I have never done so before, but what goes over well, just a "Hi, do you want to get rid of that machine out front?"

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2005, 10:02:30 pm »

You've got nothing to lose by asking about it. You will either  have a machine to add to your collection, or get a good laugh if they offer to sell it for slightly more than the going rate of tuition to Harvard.
No guts, no glory...or Vendo, Cavalier, Westinghouse.....

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2005, 05:42:26 am »

Hi

I have just had a quick read through this thread. You guys don't not know how lucky you are. I live in the UK and apart from some very expensive dealers or the occasional 50's machine listed on Ebay there is no scope to obtain any sort of soda machine 50's or later.

I got my Vendo 39 from a dealer a few years ago. It was fully restored in the US and shipped to the dealer in Holand (Always holland. I don't know why. Same with Jukes). I paid £2,500.00 for it. Lots I know but they are fairly unique over here.

I would dearly love a Pepsi Machine to go with it. Again if bought from a dealer I'd have to sell the wife and one of the kids first.

I love these stories of, " I just looked over a wall and fell upon..." Think of me in poor "Old Blighty." I'll continue looking through local ads.

Dave
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2005, 09:18:41 am »

Dave, What kind of pepsi machine are you looking for. I don't know how shipping would go but I would be willing to ship a machine to you. Send me an email to let me know what you are looking for. jdloman2000@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: