SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:57:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After Christmas Sale  (Read 10374 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: December 27, 2011, 04:27:58 pm »

I am taking the week off to get the house a little organized.  Got a lot done today--slept until noon and have been goofing off the rest of the day.  tounge In any event, I am going to be taking an inventory of a lot of items in the house including my machine collection and related items and will be starting a CL virtual garage sale later this week.  I will post pictures of what I will be selling that is vending machine related on here before I post to CL in case any members are interested.

As a pre-emptive strike, I will make fun of my own ads because I may be using "as seen on Pickers", "like the one Rick Restored" and "restored they are selling for $XXXX"!  I figure, if you can't beat em, join 'em!  I have bought quite a few machines over the last few years and have come to the realization that I can't afford to restore them all so I might as well take advantage of the friendly market.

Off the top of my head, I will likely be selling 1 or 2 Stoner candy machines and a generic Canada Dry VMC 110.  And perhaps 1 or 2 more but I have not made up my mind.

PM me if you are interested and I will shoot you some pictures.  What does not sell here or on CL will go to the show in Fowlerville this spring or maybe even Chicago.

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »

Got any 81's?  tounge   biggrin

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:17:59 pm »

Can't have a garage sale if you don't have a card table and a moving blanket  laugh laugh laugh

We will have to talk about the VMC 110  smile

and glad you did not forget Fowlerville smile
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:13:56 pm »

THE VMC 110 IS SOLD!  If something changes, I will modify this post!

Okay, I finally got the pictures taken and have convinved myself of what I am going to sell--I like all of the machines so it was a tough decision.  I have received several inquiries via PM from members so I am trying to take them in the order received.  If you are interested in a particular machine, let me know via PM.

Thanks and here they are!

Canada Dry VMC 110 generic.  The machine is complete with all shelves and bezels.  I have not fired it up since I acquired it because the wiring is bad so I don’t know if it cools.  The main door and cabinet have a couple of dents that should bump out easily and the interior of the cabinet is in good shape without a lot of visible rust.  This was an inside machine according to the seller so that is probably why the interior is in good shape.  CL price for this machine is $700 but the SMC member price is $600.  It is worth at least that much in parts but I think it is a crime to part out a complete vintage machine.

This machine is in the back of the garage on a dolly so I will try to get more pictures posted in the next day or so.

Tim
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:11:57 pm by mznb1u » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:17 pm »

THE STONER 180 FRESH CANDY IS SOLD and on its way to the Lansing area!  Pat--I gave him your name in case he wants to get it restored.

Machine two:

Stoner 180 (Fresh Candy) with Gum Wheel circa 1953 according to the SN.  This is the green one in the pictures.  It is complete with a change giving coin mechanism.  You will note that it also has the cover for the candy deliver tray—I have looked at a lot of Stoners and I have not seen this part on too many.  The plastics are in good condition and the body of the machine is pretty straight with a few dents that should bump easily.  It has a change giver mech as well.  CL price is $600, SMC Member $500.

drinking Tim drinking
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:12:46 pm by mznb1u » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 12:24:06 pm »

A few more of machine two.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:10 pm »

Machine three:

Early Stoner Theater (verified with Curtis).  I am torn about letting this one go because it is such a beautiful machine as it stands but I acquired the more recognizable Stoner Theater and don’t see me getting to this one anytime soon.  This is a complete early model Stoner Theater which includes the optional light over the mirror.  Wood grain paint job that even Pat Pixley would like!  The machine is complete with coin mech and the body is in good shape.  The story on this machine is that it came out of a theater in Detroit.  The seller said his sister bought it at an estate sale at one of the Indian Village mansions in Detroit with plans to restore it.  From that point on it basically sat in storage.  The machine opens like a clam shell with the top of the front going up and the bottom going down.  CL Price for this machine is going to be $700, SMC Member price is $600.

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:56 pm »

a few more of machine three:

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:57 pm »

Last Machine:

Stoner 180 (later model with half square chrome mirror trim) with Gum/Mint Wheel circa 1956 according to the SN.  This is the cream colored machine in the pictures.  The machine is complete with good plastics.  Missing the coin mech but it would have had the change giving type as the coin tube is still there.  The machine has a pretty straight cabinet except for some metal damage around the lock.  It would appear that some moron used a hammer and screwdriver to pop the lock.  I would think a good body man would be able to fix this without too much work.  CL price for this machine is $250 and SMC Member price is $175.

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:27:23 pm »

One more of machine 4
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: