SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 03:13:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a waste!  (Read 6273 times)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:26 pm »

I agree that these old machines and signs bring back an old nostalgic feeling when they are seen in their natural habitat, outside. But as they sit outside over the decades they have a tendency to rust away. So, i would prefer to see it bought and stored inside until the time that it's value was such that someone could justify restoring it.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 08:09:18 pm »

I don't mind if the machine is gutted or damaged.. I had a 39 that was wasted and I sat it in my backyard
beside my shed... a man stopped and wanted to know if I'd take $40 dollars for it I said $50... the hinges
where worth that... so he paid me.. but it was just a rough gutted shell...
but that one looks complete.... shame....

I miss that shell down
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:11:32 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 08:23:39 am »

And there is something to be said about decoration value...  how many old cars do you see sitting in yards with flowers growing out of them (at least up here we do).. but those people are using it as Lawn decor, and I guess there is nothing really wrong with that? and a Vendo 39, heck they made 80,000 of them... it if where an RC 81, yeah, maybe a different story.. but if if she enjoys it sitting out front as a "Decoration" then I guess it is being "used" for what it's intended purpose is? ,, and maybe you could just by the parts off it.. drum, coin mech,, and it will still display the same?  just some thoughts on the other side of the coin.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 11:24:52 pm »

Well I guess I fall in the guilty catagory. Have a WE-6 that sets outside the front door. For those with a SMC calender see Dec. Water pump is long gone, beltline rust and someone poked some nasty holes through the embossing on one side.

It still has a function. The UPS and USPS drivers know to put packages in there.
Creighton
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:55 am »

I have a WE10 that sits in front of my brothers body shop. It's junk but It's there to attract interest. It doesn't look good but with all the other antique cars setting around it fits right in.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: