SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 04:56:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 Outside in Winter  (Read 1972 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: October 07, 2013, 10:57:41 am »

Let's see how I can ask this where it makes some sense.

I have a Vendo 63 and is rated for outside use. As most of you know, I am new to the hobby and am learning something every day about these machines but there is one subject I can't get my arms around and that is an outside machine during Winter months. Here in south Alabama we may get a week or so where the temp. may reach 20 to 25* at night and possibly a few days where the temp will hang around 33 to 35 *. My question is,,with a machine thermostat that cuts on at 40* for example and off at 30+ where does this put the bottles as far as freezing ? The only thing running inside to produce any heat is the fan and 30" LED strip which of course doesn't put out much heat at all.
I'm sure this is elementary to most here and would say if the outside temp is 32* drinks will freeze but don't think that is the case and am curious since this is my first outside machine which is on my covered patio what temp and time exposed should I remove drinks if at all ??
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:36 am »

Your machine will be fine in the winter months.  The insulation in the box and the fact that it is also on a covered porch, you will not have a problem.  My machine is in an unheated garage and it get in the teens some nights in the garage and my machine is on a timer that cuts it off at night and my bottles never freeze.

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: