SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 01:58:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A positive Note on Antique Vending  (Read 12970 times)
genudoc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »

Its only a flesh wound

Jacobs56(2)
Cavalier 54
Cavalier 72
Cavalier 51
Vendo 44
VMC 27
VMC 33
Glasco Slider
Vendo 110
Stoner Candy Machine
200Gumball Machines- I have a sickness
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

You guys could be the Knights that say "Ni"!! (Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference)

Only if they bring me a shrubbery!  Because some call me Tim the Enchanter!

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »

I still don't understand, why someone would send money up front.
Word of advice folks.... if the person you're dealing with, has to buy
parts with "YOUR" money.... move on and find someone else.

I'm not defending Alans actions at all Eric, but as a fellow restorer I must express my point of view.
 We all know a restoration requires a lot of outside services and those aren't cheap.
        Every buisness uses working capital, and no matter how much or how little they have on hand, when any cash is tied up in parts
 and services for one customer's machine, that is money that can not be invested elsewhere for several months.
        The customer owns that machine, I feel he should also pre-purchase his parts and outside services, particularily to confirm his commitment.
I usually ask for a 25% deposit
        Imagine carrying a guy's machine through an entire restoration. Then contact him and find out he lost his job or
got divorced or Bla Bla Bla... and asks if you can carry him until his luck changes.  hopefull

................................................................or he could just let you keep the fully restored Vendo 83.  darn

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 07:00:19 pm »

Good to see the AG of NC doing his job. Hope the BBB complaints are resolved as well.
If not can load the dead horse on the catapolt, first round. Save the rabbit and Holy Hand Ger... for later :-)
Creighton
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

No that's good
Knee Injections support my soda machine habit

After 8 (or jeez maybe it's 9 now - lost count) knee operations, I should get an honorary membership in the Knee Society.  I think one more and I get the next one free!   Oo

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:22 am »

I have to stand by Glen on this one too... I understand partially with what your saying Eric and I agree that any money's collected should go toward the machine they are being paid on and not to finance other machines or operations.  I also agree NO one should pay %100 up front either...

I do my restorations "Business" on the side, it's a hobby.. and all my customers know that.. with that being said, we all know it costs a lot to restore a machine, especially if we are farming out the paint/body work, and of course chrome, powder, etc....

I ask for a deposit as well with a restoration, and the give the option to make payments along the way as I progress with the restoration with of course the final bill to be paid upon completion.

So to say all guys who ask for some money up front are Crooks, I'd have to think there is an exception to the rule... Glen and myself have built up a pretty fair reputation as well as others.. and I would just ask and tell people ... DO YOUR HOMEWORK before hiring someone to do your machine, Check sources, referrals, etc... then decide who is going to do the work.

Just my two cents.

John

I'm not defending Alans actions at all Eric, but as a fellow restorer I must express my point of view.
 We all know a restoration requires a lot of outside services and those aren't cheap.
        Every buisness uses working capital, and no matter how much or how little they have on hand, when any cash is tied up in parts
 and services for one customer's machine, that is money that can not be invested elsewhere for several months.
        The customer owns that machine, I feel he should also pre-purchase his parts and outside services, particularily to confirm his commitment.
I usually ask for a 25% deposit
        Imagine carrying a guy's machine through an entire restoration. Then contact him and find out he lost his job or
got divorced or Bla Bla Bla... and asks if you can carry him until his luck changes.  hopefull

................................................................or he could just let you keep the fully restored Vendo 83.  darn

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

Eric from Global hit the nail on the head, there's no place in this business for guys like that.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Marrazzo

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 03:18:49 pm »

It is nice to see that justice has finally been served.
Yes, I made a HUGE mistake and yes I have learnt a valuable lesson.
Thank God it did not cost me anything! Smiley
Not to mention if I never had the hick up with Alan, I would have never lined up with "SIGNGUY", which I'm sure will have plenty more of my business in the future. 
That is why forum sites such as this are extremely beneficial to consumers!
Thanks.
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

I'm the guy in Illinois mentioned in the report, but I was never contacted by the TV reporter.  Alan did call me and offer to send me a basket if I ever found another Vendo Junior.  I guess I should have called him on his offer and told him to send the basket and I would find another Junior later.  Alan didn't seem sick last fall when he prevented me from picking up my machine and threatened to call the cops on me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: