SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 02:40:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin-mech repairmen - here's a list  (Read 4254 times)
« on: July 05, 2002, 02:41:37 am »

To all you guys, who like me, heard the myth that the only remaining coin-mech repairmen had moved on to other things.  It really scared me, and I truly believed I was stuck with an expensive machine that I would never get working.  Thank God that it was a myth !!  I have since searched far and wide, and found quite a few.  Here is a partial list - if I were you, I would save it . . .

------------------------------------------------

The Soda Jerk Works - Steve Jebb  559-298-4684
*** Works on all Models/Makes ***
A super nice fellow - Steve charges approximately $200 for a typical coin mech repair job, but of course it varies and the electronic ones are a bit more.  I just sent him my own coin mech for my Vendo 81D which has 3 problems.
12329 N. Armstrong  Clovis, CA  93611
www.thesodajerkworks.com

Dan (owner)  Miguel (mechanic)  818-569-0216  I don't know the name of this business, but Miguel repairs coin mechs.

Home Arcade -  Phil Hubbert  630-964-2555  
1108 Front St  Lisle, IL 60532
This outfit actually makes their own reproduction coin mechs!!  They only make the Vendo 44 and 81D, and the cost is $350 including vend handle & backing plate.  I must tell you that they are very simplistic, and look nothing like the original coin mechs, but they do the job.  They use Pinball slug rejectors, which are very simple and small.  These are perfect for someone who has a non-repairable coin-mech.  Also, they do look different, but with the coin door closed, who would ever know? (the crank is the same)
www.homearcadecorp.com

Terry Bolton 770-507-7447 (Georgia) - I have heard a rumor that he no longer works on coin mechs, but have just recently heard otherwise.  If anyone finds out for sure, please let us know!

Vintage Vending  -  Michael Tullis 888-242-6633  
Coin Mech repairman, Shawn Anger  at shawna@vintagevending.com
I emailed them and they said that Coin mech repair is $60 an hour plus parts, and a full restoration is about $375 - however, this seems too low to be true, so you had better double-check the price.
288 N. Broadway  Salem, NH 03079
www.vintagevending.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: