SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 10:11:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dimes, no prob - nickels, drop through  (Read 5238 times)
« on: May 04, 2002, 06:04:48 pm »

I have heard it is impossible to find a vintage machine coin mech mechanic, let alone one in my area.  But I may as well, ask - has anyone ever heard of this problem where the nickels simply drop straight through and into the change coin bin ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 07:51:00 am »

What coin Mech is it? You mention different coins so I'd imagine it's a true coin mech and not just a slug rejector. Most likely there is something stuck or sticky in the upper slug rejector part of the mechanism. All those little levers should move very freely, if not take it out and wash it with soapy water (slug rejector portion only). A good look over will usually turn up the problem.

Nate
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 06:14:23 pm »

Mine did the same thing, only it was the quarters that would either hang or just drop straight through.

I did the soapy water thing and it didn't fix it.  So I did it again with another batch of soapy water and used a toothbrush to remove years of build up "crud" from sticky fingers dropping dirty coins into the machine for so many years.

After about 3 good cleanings, the mechanism works like a champ!  I had already ordered my replacement, however, so now I have two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: