SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:27:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn down the noise  (Read 3353 times)
« on: December 30, 2005, 08:43:46 pm »

I just had my Vendo 63 restored and the guy said that he put in a new compressor.  It looks great but the compressor is loud.  Question?  How loud should a new compressor be?  I've checked for vibration and he said I might consider using steariform on one of the sides of the machine to quite the noise.  Is there a refrigerant system out there that would fit my Vendo 63 that is very quieter but maybe it's not historically identical? I have this my the same room as my TV and every 20 minutes the machine kicks on and it's really noticeable.    Your Thought!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:56:29 pm »

My V63 is no louder than a standard fridge, and its original... its in my basement close to a couch, and with the surround system on, I don't even notice it. For the most part, my machine doesn't even run. It stays pretty cold.. maybe runs for 10min every hour or so if that...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 09:17:53 pm »

Thanks Bubba, I live in Indiana- who could I call to have this looked at.  The guys that restored it did come out and look at it and didn't think anything was wrong with it.  Do you think a normal refrig repair man would be able to fix this?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 10:11:26 pm »

My V63 isn't very loud either - but I know what you mean.  Some machines sound like a jet is taking off when they kick on!  
There are a few members that are in the Indy area, maybe they know of someone. http://www.frappr.com/smcmembers

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 12:21:08 pm »

Contact Eric at Global compressors. He's in Tx. He'll cure your comp. problems.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:36:54 pm »

Thank you Terry.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 07:26:41 am »

Rupeco,

Where in Indiana do you live? Myself and a few others live in the Bloomington area. Eric at Global is a real pro, I've use him and his work is awesome.

Brian
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 07:53:59 am »

In my experience I have found the newer compressors to be considerably louder than the older ones. It is for that reason Iwill go as for as having the older ones repaired than repalcing with the newer. Eric at Global did a WD-5 which was an exception to the rule......don't know why?

Missouri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: